FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean World Tour

My VIN:    5482

This is really cool. I'm excited to follow the news and progress on this. I perused your website but didn't see where your stops in the USA were.

My 2 cents --> Avoid these locations: Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia. You already mentioned avoiding Libya & Syria. I would be really careful in this region in general. Of course this is coming from someone who's dad was stuck in Iran back in 1979. Be SUPER careful. I guess the larger your entourage is, the better off you'll be. Still though, I'd be looking for alternate routes.
    Jeff

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by pk2678 View Post
    It is easier to get a replacement wheel or rim when you are using commonly available parts. And you only have to take one kind of extra wheels with you. Remember that the world tour will go through countries like Pakistan and India.
    --Peter
    That is very practical! Good forward thinking.

But in that thought, I would go around the world on a 190 Mercedes (diesel preferably) !
    That car lives globally and is still king in those countries.

My VIN:    2678

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    That is very practical! Good forward thinking.

But in that thought, I would go around the world on a 190 Mercedes (diesel preferably) !
    That car lives globally and is still king in those countries.
    That's right. But then it would be a Mercedes World Tour and not a Delorean World Tour

--Peter
    Always a filled fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2678 View Post
    That's right. But then it would be a Mercedes World Tour and not a Delorean World Tour

--Peter
    Hell that sounds stupid! :P Delorean world tour is "traumhaft"

I am just going "safe" with my German engineering.

My VIN:    #5980

According to the current political situation we have set our new route so far:

Germany, Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran, UAE, India, Nepal, China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Canada, USA, Netherlands, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland

Tour starts on Sept. 1 in 2015 in Germany and will finish at Eurofest Belfast 2016

Last test of our three World-Tour DeLoreans will be a tour in May 2015: Germany, Denmark, Norway, Polar-Cirlce, Sweden and back to Germany from May 8th to May 20 in 2015.

Klaus

Damn, Greece was left out after all?
    Good luck with the last test.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    3305

The delorean is so world-wide that I think that if you pass thru a war zone with three of them, every single soldier will stop fighting and shooting and throw bombs just to stare at the cars!

Unluckily, when the caravan leaves, the battle would start again

like --> -->

My VIN:    #5980

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Damn, Greece was left out after all?
    Yes, sorry.
    It will cost us 3 days to visit Greece/Athens on our way to Istanbul and our schedule is very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by klaus5980 View Post
    Yes, sorry.
    It will cost us 3 days to visit Greece/Athens on our way to Istanbul and our schedule is very tight.
    Oh I know I am not suggesting that at all

I just mentioned your first alternative that was from Greece to Egypt and on.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

How are you getting from England to Ireland?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast