FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean World Tour

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I have reached out to Klaus via PM, hopefully he sees it in time for us to plan something.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I met the team today, I was a little slow on getting to DMCMW on time so I arrived when everyone was leaving, but I followed everyone, creepy-style, to Lou Malnatis for some deep dish.

When I arrived I took everyone's photo next to the DeLoreans and chatted inside.

When I left I coincidentally met the old couple of the mustang and told them about the cars and mission and some of the stories I had just heard.
    Attached Images
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

The team's first snow of the entire trip! Somehow they managed to hit Illinois on the last snow of the season.

DWT_SNOW (1).jpg DWT_SNOW (2).jpg
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

DWT Team hits the 23K mile mark in the Midwest

Congrats to the DWT Team for hitting the 23,000 mile mark in the Midwest, somewhere between Indianapolis, IN and Springfield, IL.

I would also like to thank Klaus, Andre and Wolfgang for "humoring us" by answering questions they have obviously been asked
    numerous times over the past 8 months and now 24,000 miles (after reaching the Washington DC area earlier today).

The DWT Team certainly got a Taste of Midwest Spring over the course of a few days, ranging from downpours and hail on Thursday,
    to rain/snow mix on Friday, to near white-out snowing conditions on Saturday and Sunday, before getting relief on the East Coast.

I have to admit that Saturday's weather was extremely unusual, with bands of snow interspersed with pockets of bright sunshine,
    repeating over and over throughout the day. While the driving was a bit challenging near Chicago and through Indiana, it then got
    downright dangerous just past Kalamazoo (on I-94), when the wind began gusting from the North at over 70 mph. Two really bad
    semi trucks vs. cars accidents on I-94 near MM90 had the highway shut down for quite some time, with over a 6 mile back-up.
    This is when the DWT Team decided to cancel the remainder of the Troy, MI trip, exit onto I-69 South [at MM108] and try to avoid
    more bad weather. Unfortunately, the winds shifted to out of the Northwest and the snow and high winds followed them to Ohio.

On my trip back across Indiana on I-90, the wind gusts had pushed a few semi trucks and trailers into the ditches and I had a bit
    of a struggle to keep my Lexus GS400 (with snow tires) in the desired lane, through the snow and high winds. What a mess.

I am sure the DWT Team was very glad to have their snow tires on their DeLoreans for their visit here to the Midwest.

Safe Travels the rest of the way.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-04-2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: fixed smiley over-ride

My VIN:    #5980

Now in Iceland

After 2 weeks of vacation in Florida during the cars were shipped to Iceland we're reunited.
    Yesterday we made the first tour through Iceland, Wednesday next week (05/11) we go to Denmark by ferry.
    Then Denmark-Germany-Netherlands-Belgium-France-Great Britain-Ireland-Belfast

DSC07882.jpgP5070551.jpgDSC07931.jpgP5070582.jpgP5070634.JPGP5070715.jpgDSC07968.jpgstrokkur.jpg

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Great pic as usual
    Where are you planning to stop in France?

My VIN:    #5980

Sorry, but no stop in France....
    Just drive trough from Brugge/Belgium to the Eurotunnel at Calais on May 18th.

Ok, thanks anyway, maybe next time!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

You could be stalking them at Calais, Domi??

Don't forget, they have to get back to Germany too
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I'd like to go to Calais, but it's 850km from my home... (so round trip is 1700km)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast