FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean World Tour

My VIN:    03037

March 3, 2016 - Delorean World Tour - San Diego Harbor, San Diego, California

¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

March 3, 2016 - Delorean World Tour - San Diego Harbor, San Diego, Cal. Set 2 of 2

Last edited by skill; 03-08-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Inster: #selfie hack lol
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle

My VIN:    6585

Looking at their GPS coordinates, I see they're staying down at the Wild, Wild West Days Inn where part of The Hangover was filmed.

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    04835

Anyone know if they plan to go through CO? I'm sure the Rocky Mountain folks would enjoy seeing them.

My VIN:    First 700

IMG_20160315_232444.jpg

I found the cars. Hopefully I'll find the people tomorrow morning and caravan into Dallas with them.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

When this is all over, will Klaus, Andre and Wolfgang be the only non-DMC people to have visited all 6 DMCx locations, nevermind adding Hervey and PJ Grady to the list?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

The DeLorean World Tour visits Houston

(I will load many pictures soon to our Texas DeLorean Club local web page gallery, and so in order to not post duplicates, I won't upload them here. But I wanted to post these comments let the community know that the DWT arrived in Houston Thursday mid-day safely, and left early this morning, bound for Mississippi. We had a great time with them, lots of stories, photos and some good food. And so now, we pass them off to our friends in Florida. -- Thomas)

Thursday, March 17, 2016

The DeLorean World Tour team arrived in Houston (specifically the DMC-Texas facility in Humble), driving their three stock, but slightly modified DeLoreans. Wolfgang Hank, Klaus Steiner and Andre Springer where the three driving team members, while Sven Sabrowski and others back in Germany took care of travel logistics.

In Humble, after initial introductions were all put to rest, there was a time for Wolfgang, Klaus and Andre to answer lots of questions about their adventure, and the numerous questions about their specially marked cars. Since we here in Houston were not anywhere near their first stop, I know the world tour team has answered the same questions over-and-over-and-over again. We appreciated their patience with our seemingly endless questions about the stock.

Next, Stephen Wynne and James Espey personally led the driving team on a warehouse tour of the Humble facility. Rows and rows of fenders, doors, engines, transmissions, glass, and about a ga-zillion parts of every size and shape where seen. While Wolfgang was mostly discussing technical issues, Klaus could be seen off by himself at times taking pictures of the rows and rows of parts and inventory.

After the warehouse tour and lots of shop talk, there was time to take a load off, sit down and do some serious story telling. Wolfgang wowed us with stories about the intricacies of getting through customs in various countries, where they had trouble, and where they sailed through. Klaus told me that, surprisingly, they had a difficult time getting clearance getting through the border from Canada into the United States. While not usually difficult, Klaus explained that they had to declare that they had been in Iran recently, and this raised a red flag to the border officials, and some significant paperwork had to be done, or re-done, for the team to finally gain clearance.

Friday, March 18, 2016

The DWT team’s second day here was a chance for them to meet the local DeLorean club. DMC-Texas, as many times in the past, again showed their willingness to support the local club by allowing us to meet, congregate, loiter, malinger, chat, and take lots of pictures at their facility. Many thanks to Stephen, James, Sarah, Bill and the others, for your generous hospitality, and putting up with the local DeLorean geeks citizens again and again.

So after more introductions, story telling, and photography, we caravanned to the Humble City Café for informal dinner, where we could all unwind, and talk more DeLorean stuff.

Saturday, March 19, 2016
    Early morning, the team departs Houston, heading east for Mississippi, and then on to Florida. Much discussion occurred about a detour from Interstate-10, their original preferred route, because of recent rainfall causing flooding and roadway washout along the Texas-Louisiana border, which will add hours to their trip east.

Good luck gentlemen, safe travels, and God’s speed. We feel we have made new friends for life. Thank you, we are honored to have you visit us!

Last edited by Citizen; 03-19-2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

The DeLorean World Tour visits Houston

Well, I finally got a chance to finish the first draft of our picture web page of the DWT visit to Houston. HERE is the link. Enjoy.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very nice write up and pictures Thomas (and others on previous stops). Thanks all for taking the time to post.

I look forward to seeing the plan for Orlando next weekend....
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thanks for sharing Thomas! I like the description n chronology. Let me know if you'd like me to gather up my pics and write a page up for your website! - Brian
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast