FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean owner Ron Westers yellow Delorean and Concours Delorean destroyed in fire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Delorean owner Ron Westers yellow Delorean and Concours Delorean destroyed in fire

On Ron's FB page his Deloreans were destroyed in a house fire.

Ron and his family are ok, but the cars are melted beyond repair.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I thought for a minute you might have enough respect and restraint to let him post here when he feels up to it. I saw his FB post about 7 this morning where he posted about it around 2:30 in the morning. One minute later at 2:31 you "break the story" and here you are again to spread the news.

The man just lost half of his home. He will most likely be displaced for weeks if not months. How about instead of gossiping and gawking we show a little respect and just let him make a post here when he is ready.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-12-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

This is also going to find it's way into the Google indexes. Probably not something he wants to see if he ever searches his name.

If I ever lost my car to an accident, I wouldn't want someone posting about it all over the Internet.

Maybe a mod can remove this thread. Let's let the man have some privacy during this unfortunate time.
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Moderators check post #3 please.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Terribly sorry for Ron, that's awful to hear. My sincere condolences.

In regards to the thread, if you search "Ron Westers facebook", his Facebook profile comes up, of which all his posts and photos are public (if you have a Facebook account). This isn't secret or hidden news, and it's not a violation of privacy when he's publicly posted the information himself.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Didn't he also have a little trailer he towed behind his yellow Delorean?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Delorean owner Ron Westers yellow Delorean and Concours Delorean destroyed in fire

Deleted
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-14-2016 at 02:47 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

About the only way it would make sense to repair/restore a car in such condition is if you had a donor car with enough parts to make it happen. Perhaps one with a rusted out frame or a heavy hit from a collision or rollover. Just the labor that would be required makes it an economic disaster but a DIY'r can do it because there is no labor cost. The insurance company will total the cars. Once they do that they own them and will attempt to sell them to recover whatever they can. That is the time someone can step up and buy them to either part out or restore (or flip them to someone else). This will not "buff out".
    David Teitelbaum

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

This is just brutal. Glad to hear Ron and his family are OK. But what a blow. His cars were stunning, and the yellow car was always one of my favorite non-SS DeLoreans.

T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

piano?

Rons daughter [s] play classical music. Did they lose the piano?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast