FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEW EVENT: DCF Tech Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in Oviedo, FL!!!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Exclamation NEW EVENT: DCF Tech Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in Oviedo, FL!!!

Greetings DCF Members,

Now that Summer is on the way out and the Fall car shows are coming up fast, it's time to have another DCF Tech Day! We had a great turnout at the last one this past Spring, and adjusted a lot of torsion bars that day. This time, we're changing it up a bit.

Have you ever wondered what your car looked like underneath? Have you ever wanted to check or re-torque your TABs but weren't sure how to go about it? Do you have some small-ish jobs to do on your car that would be made 1000% simpler if you only had a lift? Well, my friends... for the first time in a good long while we're going to hold our Tech Day at an actual shop.

With a lift.

And a compressor.

sd946.jpg

Our friend Bruce Coulombe of Coulombe Enterprises LLC has graciously offered to host this DCF Tech Day at his shop in Oviedo, FL. For those of you not familiar with Central FL, it is located just East of the Orlando Metro area:

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 12.50.17 PM.jpg
    https://goo.gl/maps/jKzSSbe1oGA2

Where:
    1293 County Road 426
    Suite 121
    Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
    10AM to 5PM

We are still working out food for the event, and we will post here once we figure that part out. I will bring my Torsion Bar rig (with new and improved hex bit) in case there are any door adjustments needed. We hope to see you guys there!

If you are able to attend, please reply in this thread to RSVP and be sure to include whatever work you would like to do on your car.

Attendance List so far:

Brandon S. (Morpheus) - oil change, alt tensioner
    Robert G. (DeLorean937) - Seat rails, Passenger mirror
    Maurice (Dutch) - CO adjustment, brake rattle
    Dana (DMC-81) - Torsion bars, door struts, TABs
    Dan S. (Dannytr1) - Brake rotos & pads
    Evan (Sladelorean) - Torsion bars
    Nick R. (Nicholas R) - odds & ends
    Jason P. (DeLorean Ghost)
    Last edited by Morpheus; 09-30-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Attendance list updated
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Sounds exciting I'm in! Going to either replace my seat rails or work on the passenger side mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Greetings DCF Members,

Now that Summer is on the way out and the Fall car shows are coming up fast, it's time to have another DCF Tech Day! We had a great turnout at the last one this past Spring, and adjusted a lot of torsion bars that day. This time, we're changing it up a bit.

Have you ever wondered what your car looked like underneath? Have you ever wanted to check or re-torque your TABs but weren't sure how to go about it? Do you have some small-ish jobs to do on your car that would be made 1000% simpler if you only had a lift? Well, my friends... for the first time in a good long while we're going to hold our Tech Day at an actual shop.

With a lift.

And a compressor.

sd946.jpg

Our friend Bruce Coulombe of Coulombe Enterprises LLC has graciously offered to host this DCF Tech Day at his shop in Oviedo, FL. For those of you not familiar with Central FL, it is located just East of the Orlando Metro area:

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 12.50.17 PM.jpg
    https://goo.gl/maps/jKzSSbe1oGA2

Where:
    1293 County Road 426
    Suite 121
    Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
    10AM to 5PM

We are still working out food for the event, and we will post here once we figure that part out. I will bring my Torsion Bar rig (with new and improved hex bit) in case there are any door adjustments needed. We hope to see you guys there!

If you are able to attend, please reply in this thread to RSVP and be sure to include whatever work you would like to do on your car.

Time รท Space = Traveling without moving Dutch's Avatar

My VIN:    1729

Hi Brandon,

Thanks so much for organizing our last tech day, it was indeed a very good turnout.

Please sign me up for the upcoming one, if you can use any assistance please let me know.

I'd like to look at the air/fuel mixture ratio and a brake rattle.

Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Regards,

Maurice
    aka Dutch
    Last edited by Dutch; 09-13-2016 at 09:23 AM.

My VIN:    <2000

Hi Brandon,

I plan to attend as well. I need to check and adjust my torsion bars, and then install new PJ Grady door struts. I think my driver's side is 1 spline off.

If time allows, I'd like to take advantage of the lift and check my TABs. I have a new pair if anything is wrong with my originals.

Let's hope for a sunny day!

Thanks for organizing the event!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post

Let's hope for a sunny day!
    It won't matter what the weather is, because Bruce's shop is AIR CONDITIONED!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    VIN 16514

Good Morning,

I just recently joined the group and bought my first Delorean last month. I plan on attending the event also and would like to replace my rotors and pads unless I am able to get them done before then. Also if anybody can possibly give me some advice on fixing my AC. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dan Shapiro

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytr1 View Post
    Good Morning,

I just recently joined the group and bought my first Delorean last month. I plan on attending the event also and would like to replace my rotors and pads unless I am able to get them done before then. Also if anybody can possibly give me some advice on fixing my AC. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dan Shapiro
    Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and ownership! I look forward to meeting you. There is a wealth of very smart people on the forum to help you with your AC. I'm in the same boat, and I'm gathering parts for a detailed overhaul in the late fall.
    I would suggest searching for existing answers to your symptoms. Use Google this way... Search " topic X site: DMCTalk.org ". If you don't find an answer, just post your symptoms in a new thread.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    05017

I'll bring my DeLorean and wear the new DMC FL shirt. I just had the new A/C put in my vehicle, so it'll be a nice drive there and back.

It's been a year since I driven the DeLorean on the highway.

Driver side torsion bar needs adjustments as well.

Can't wait to say hi and look at your DeLoreans.

My VIN:    VIN 16514

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and ownership! I look forward to meeting you. There is a wealth of very smart people on the forum to help you with your AC. I'm in the same boat, and I'm gathering parts for a detailed overhaul in the late fall.
    I would suggest searching for existing answers to your symptoms. Use Google this way... Search " topic X site: DMCTalk.org ". If you don't find an answer, just post your symptoms in a new thread.

Cheers,

Thanks I definitely will start looking. I look forward to meeting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sladelorean View Post
    I'll bring my DeLorean and wear the new DMC FL shirt.
    I'm sure you meant DCF shirt...LOL.

I would wear something else if you plan on doing any car work!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast