FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NEW EVENT: DCF Tech Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in Oviedo, FL!!!

My VIN:    5610

DCF First Tech Day hosted by Coulombe Enterprises aka Delorean Time Machines.com

I apologize for my delay in responding to this thread. We at Coulombe Enterprises have been crazy busy with building Delorean Time Machines, Lost In Space Robots and many other movie themed projects. This has been by far, our best year and we(I) just haven't had time to catch my breath. With that said........

I am excited that Coulombe Enterprises will be hosting the Delorean Club of Florida's Tech Day at our facility. It is an honor that Brandon has chosen us to help with anyone that is in need of assistant's to work on their Delorean and Delorean Time Machine. We will be making available to all that attend our hydraulic lift, compressor, tools, expertise and air conditioning. Yes, our shop bay is air conditioned. Now I know we can get everyone in the air conditioned bay at once but, we have a 20"x 10' canopy setup out side as well to shade those that have minor repairs on the Delorean.

We will be providing food, drinks and snacks to all that attend hosted by my beautiful wife Mary. We will also be having a $10 raffle to give away a $50 gift certificate to the DMC Store in Texas, a sold out limited addition box set #12 of back To The Future themed socks valued at $50 and a $25 gift card to Star Bucks'. All monies collected for the raffle will be donated to the St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

Even if you don't have a Delorean ready to bring, stop on by anyway and say hello, meet everyone and ask questions. You just might walk away with a new set of friends and a little more info to help you with your Delorean repairs or to build your own time machine.

Micah of the "World of Micah" will be on hand to record and document our Tech Day to be showcase on his YouTube channel.

I and my wife Mary are looking forward to hosting and meeting everyone. If you need to call our shop the number is..... 561-752-7535 and below is our address. So what are you waiting for, start heading out to DCF Tech Day Open from 10 am and closed in the future.

Set you Time Departure Circuits to ...... Coulombe Enterprises 1293 N. County Road 426 Oviedo Florida 32765 See you all in the future!!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks!

I would like to thank Bruce and Mary for hosting the Tech Day. You have a wonderful facility and warm hospitality.

I had a great day as usual and was able to get my torsion bars adjusted. Now my new Grady struts work together with them to make my doors open fully and smoothly. Plus I was able to have my parking brake cable adjusted.

Thanks to Brandon, Robert and Maurice who did the heavy lifting on these tasks, plus other people that helped me hold the heavy doors.

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new owners!

Till next time..
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

We had a fantastic turnout at this Tech Day to kick off the fall car show season! We met several new friends and DeLorean owners, re-connected with old friends, and had a very productive day. It is very exciting to see the influx of new owners and enthusiasts to the club, because the collaboration and comraderie of new and seasoned DeLorean owners is a beautiful thing!

Having a lift was a great bonus, especially for Maurice (Dutch), as his cross gate cable seized up on the way to the event! He was able to get it loosened up enough to get home safely, and I'm sure he will be replacing it soon. He was also able to replace his oil pressure sender to fix the erratic readings on the gauge.

Dana (DMC-81) was able to get his torsion bars adjusted correctly, and with the addition of new struts, his doors open strong and perfect! While his car was on the lift for a parking brake adjustment, everyone was able to admire his astounding efforts in cleaning and restoring his frame, which was so pristine you could eat off it!

I was able to do some work on 1098, including an oil change (Valvoline VR-1 20w50, with lots of Zinc) and replacing my turnbuckle style alternator adjustment bracket with Matt (Drive Stainless)'s SS V3 tensioning bracket. During the swap, I realized that my belt (a Gates 7495) was too long and had to run up to auto zone and get a slightly shorter one. The new belt was extremely difficult to get on, but once it was everything tightened up ok. Thanks to Maurice, Robert, and Phil for your assistance with this!

New owner Dan S. and his lovely wife Becky were in attendance also, and the guys were able to help him troubleshoot his non-functional A/C system. With any luck, a couple of cans of R-12 will get it working again!

New owner Joe L. brought his ride, which has some great black painted rims and ground effects kit. Maurice was able to help him figure out the source of a ATF leak and other issues that need attention.

We were able to meet some future owners who were in attendance to ask questions and learn about the quirks and joys of owning a DeLorean.. including Jason P. (DeLorean Ghost) and Adrian and Melanie from the UK. Micah from World of Micah was there to grab video and pictures, which he will post to our DCF Facebook page soon.

Thanks to Evan, Nick, Elliot, and Robert for coming out and assisting others with their cars, and Lindsay and Laura for being so supportive of your men and their DeLorean obsession!

Finally, A giant thank you goes out to Bruce, Mary, and Phil Coulombe for graciously hosting our club and providing an air-conditioned space and an AMAZING lunch spread for everyone to gather, socialize, and work on some DeLoreans! We will definitely do it again soon!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I agree, thanks to Bruce and Mary, as well as everyone else that made it out. Yesterday was a blast, and that the DeLorean Club of Florida is not only going strong, but growing!

I hope that we can continue having get togethers like this. I know I'll do my best to be at every one. I'm hoping that some time in the next year or so, I too can work out my own tech day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm hoping that some time in the next year or so, I too can work out my own tech day.
    Cool! I look forward to that possibility.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

For the benefit of the other DMCTalk members... here are some pictures of Bruce and Mary's fantastic facility that I took..

Jurassic Park awesomeness...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back to the Future awesomeness....
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

... I neglected to snap a photo of the time machine that was out front when I arrived. Perhaps someone else took one.

Their great lift..

image.jpg

Cheers,
    Dana

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    For the benefit of the other DMCTalk members... here are some pictures of Bruce and Mary's fantastic facility that I took..

Jurassic Park awesomeness...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back to the Future awesomeness....
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

... I neglected to snap a photo of the time machine that was out front when I arrived. Perhaps someone else took one.

Their great lift..

image.jpg

Cheers,

I guess that's VIN 2000 on the lift? Looks great!!

My VIN:    VIN 16514

I would like to thank everybody for all of the helpful information and advice. It was great meeting everybody, Becky and I look forward to seeing you all at future events. I am definitely going to try and sign up for the Lakeland car show and look forward to seeing you guys there.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    I guess that's VIN 2000 on the lift? Looks great!!
    Thanks Chris! Yeah, that's my car next to the Jeep in the first pic, and preparing to be lifted in the last pic. It's not VIN 2000, but my VIN is less than 2000.
    Dana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3