FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ontario owner's 1983 for sale, automatic, custom interior, VIN 17050

My VIN:    3937

Ontario owner's 1983 for sale, automatic, custom interior, VIN 17050

This is not my car, however it is for sale from another Ontario owner I know personally. He is not on the forums to my knowledge, so I thought I would share the for sale links with you here.

Car is a 1983 automatic with a customized interior. He is meticulous with his car and has taken care of it well. Original owner too which is getting pretty rare in and of itself.

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/DeLorean...PO&orup=1_15_2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC...m=252540557545

More photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ThJTGtSTFJIdjA

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I like his taste. Nice work on the interior.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I saw that on-line yesterday and I wondered did he have a need to replace the dash etc (faded, cracked etc) or did he just fancy a custom look?

Did Canadian cars come with the red marker sticker on the interior door locks, or was that something he added?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

I had never noticed that red marker sticker until you mentioned it. That's a nice touch. Don't think that's related to the Canadian cars. The Canadian cars had mostly just language related things changed to accommodate French (which is why the cluster has things shown as symbols and not words) and the metric units of course too. Nice idea adding the indicator on which way the locks are positioned. I often look at some of the switches or buttons on the car and forget which way is which.

I would guess he just got bored with the original interior and changed it just for something to do. Not certain about that though.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Between VINs

That's a lot of coin. $45K US.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    There he is. Every for sale thread has one. The guy who complains about values too high until he has one for sale...then the cars can't rise in value fast enough.

Wow, that interior is definitely one of the most customized I've seen.

Hardly.

This would be the most expensive car I've seen sell by a private party in the last year. And the number of cars that are on the market right now are the highest so far this calendar year. I'm pointing out the anomaly, not attacking the car or the seller. Normally I wouldn't have said anything at all, but this isn't a For Sale thread so I chimed in.

If I wanted to be specific I'd point at the puffery, the seller thinks the car has "never been dirty" but it has 19K on the odometer. That kind of hyperbole matched with that price tells me they're not terribly serious.

Best of luck to him, maybe things are different in Canada. My guess is they'd have better luck in the spring.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Maybe this will help you better understand how he priced his car. It obviously means a great deal to him.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Maybe this will help you better understand how he priced his car. It obviously means a great deal to him.
    I've read that thread. First two words in it? "Forget eBay..."

And you're calling me out for discussing...an eBay listing.

Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    There he is. Every for sale thread has one. The guy who complains about values too high until he has one for sale...then the cars can't rise in value fast enough.
    I haven't posted much, it shouldn't take long to review the posts I've made. Everyone one of them in the For Sale threads has been in "that's a really great car, wish it were coming up in my window" because many of the ones I've seen here are in great condition for the prices they're going for. I would not have hesitated to fly out to inspect a handful of them. However; I'm simply not going to buy a car in the fall in Wisconsin that will have to be stored for the winter immediately.
    I don't comment on For Sale thread cars I do not have a legit interest in, that's not fair to the seller. This thread is not a For Sale thread.

What I'm seeing here, appears to be, is the obverse of your accusation. I mentioned the price is curiously high, hoping to learn more about how it can be justified, and am attacked as a complainer trying to drag the market down. Seems anyone that even passively mentions the unusually high price on a car is a threat to every DMCs value and needs to be snuffed out or else the ownership is out some equity. A bit cultist, really.
    Protip: The market dictates the value of a car, not some chatter on a message board.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast