FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New here!

New here!

Hi!

I'm new in the Delorean world,I found one 3 week ago,behind a house under a old cover under a tree.It's in very good original shape.My major problem,the title.The car is registered to the name of the first owner.The car ben given to the family I bought it off.....Registered owner can't be found,so I can't do anything with the car. I try my change,if maybe someone here avec a badly not repairable car with the VIN plate that could sell it....only the 2 serial number plate. A US serial # will not be in the Quebec Archive so I will be able to get a new title for it and finally do something with this car.Without this the car will probably sit for years like for the previous owner

Thanks!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bonjour et bienvenue!

That certainly is an interesting story. Can you tell us about how the family aquired the car from the mysterious previous owner? And what is his or her status? Also, what is the VIN of the car?

There must be a way of getting title to it in Quebec...easier than swapping VIN plates.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

The car been given to the family
    I bought the car from as a gift,they didn't do the property transfert and now the original owner ( and registered) ignore all contact.There is no other way to get the title since the car is in his name in the registry.In Quebec is VERY it's very hard to get a title....

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Bonjour et bienvenue!

That certainly is an interesting story. Can you tell us about how the family aquired the car from the mysterious previous owner? And what is his or her status? Also, what is the VIN of the car?

There must be a way of getting title to it in Quebec...easier than swapping VIN plates.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow. Tough spot to be in. I assume you have personally tried friendly contact with the owner, to get him/her to comply with your registration needs. If so, I'd suggest contacting a lawyer to get some advice and to see if they can help motivate the owner to respond. Sometimes a registered letter from a law office does the trick. Otherwise, what's to stop the former owner or his heirs from making a claim to the car in the future?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    6585

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/

En Français: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/

Contact phone number is at the bottom. Best to call them, as they will know what to do.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'm sure there is a flaw to this logic, but find a wrecked parts D with a clean title and just swap the vin plates. On a DeLorean that's all the linked id numbers there are. (engine numbers, frame numbers (the hand weld bead numbers) are not attached to the vin or recorded.

Is it legal? probably not, would anyone know about it once you did it? probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/

En Français: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/

Contact phone number is at the bottom. Best to call them, as they will know what to do.

already done...the way is to contact the registered owner...they didn't help that much in these cases.....

I know the game....I'm in the vintage motorcycle world for many years and many time,the bike end in box for parts....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm sure there is a flaw to this logic, but find a wrecked parts D with a clean title and just swap the vin plates. On a DeLorean that's all the linked id numbers there are.

Is it legal? probably not, would anyone know about it ponce you did it? probably not.
    A US serial number would be perfect since they are not in the quebec/canada database,they will do a new title like if the car never been registered since new.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Bonjour et bienvenue!

From memory,VIN end by 17062

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Doum View Post
    From memory,VIN end by 17062

Possible the original owner is deceased and the family won't talk to you. Do a search of the original owner's name and see if it comes up. Maybe hiring a lawyer to get you a Title is the way to go. Go to the local DMV office (or whatever they call it in Quebec) and find out how to get the Title in your name or a lawyer that can help you. Maybe a couple of Affidavits can do it from the family you got the car from and you. Without the Title you can't know if there is a lien on the car from a bank, you may be in for a surprise!
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast