FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Screamin Yellow D/Concours D fire!

Screamin Yellow D/Concours D fire!

As many of you already know, we lost both of our Deloreans in a house fire. All of the contents on the main floor were destroyed. A few items may be recovered. The car insurance company is currently working the claim and will let us know something shortly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Ron & Cheryl
    Ron
    Screamin Yellow D

My VIN:    05457

Very sorry to hear this. I saw a few of the photos you posted on Facebook and it was heartbreaking. Given all the time you put into those cars to make them perfect this has to be an incredibly difficult time. Not to mention the loss of your house and other possessions.

Glad everyone made it out safely.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ron,

I'm afraid we've been talking about it behind your back, sorry.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...troyed-in-fire

Thanks for letting us know everyone is ok
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin Yellow D View Post
    As many of you already know, we lost both of our Deloreans in a house fire. All of the contents on the main floor were destroyed. A few items may be recovered. The car insurance company is currently working the claim and will let us know something shortly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Ron & Cheryl
    Hi Ron,

Very sorry to hear about the house fire and the loss of the DeLoreans. Any news on the status of the Lil' Yellow trailer?

If you are even thinking of salvaging the cars (and you want to get the them "out of the weather"), let me know and I can
    bring my 32ft enclosed trailer down to you, to get the cars "out of the weather". The trailer needs some minor roof repair
    but it will definitely keep the cars out of the majority of the elements. I guess this might be up to the insurance company.
    You can keep the trailer down there for an extended period of time, if needed, since the Summer show schedule is over.

Good Luck with the house and garage repairs. (I just helped my business partner through the same fiasco - took 3 years)

Regards,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

The most important is both of you a fine and not hurt into that house fire.
    It's very sad for the car, but maybe the insurance will help you to buy another car in the future.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very glad to hear that you both are fine. Thanks for checking in, and good luck with insurance, etc.!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Ron,

I am very sorry to have heard the news.

Glad that everyone is OK. Good luck with the insurance and the recovery process.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hi Ron,

Any news on the status of the Lil' Yellow trailer?

Regards,
    Rich W.
    Trailer is perfect, but a bit lonely at this point. It was sitting outside under a cover at the end of the house. Most likely it will be sold, so, if anyone is interested in having one of the two D trailers in the world let me know.
    Ron
    Screamin Yellow D

My VIN:    10907

Man, sorry about your cars. Just because something's an inanimate object doesn't mean it's not heartbreaking to lose it.

Ron
    Screamin Yellow D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast