FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Experience with TireRack

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Experience with TireRack

Has anyone had experience with ordering tires for their DD with TireRack?

Do you ship them to your home? Or to the installer?

Does the likes of NTB accept tires from TireRack?

What $ do you typically save?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6472

I ordered my DeLorean tires from Tire Rack and had them shipped to my home, then took it to Pep Boys for install. I believe it was about 450.00 for all 4 including shipping.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Has anyone had experience with ordering tires for their DD with TireRack?

Do you ship them to your home? Or to the installer?

Does the likes of NTB accept tires from TireRack?

What $ do you typically save?
    You have to be careful who you use to mount and balance the tires. Tire Rack has a list of companies they work with and it is best if you can use them. The problem will be, if you have any complaints, you didn't buy the tires here so we aren't responsible for any problems. Like balance, leaks, blems, etc. If you go to a competitive place with good pricing you don't save all that much when you figure the shipping.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    I ordered my DeLorean tires from Tire Rack and had them shipped to my home, then took it to Pep Boys for install. I believe it was about 450.00 for all 4 including shipping.
    No problems with PepBoys installing loose tires?
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    You have to be careful who you use to mount and balance the tires. Tire Rack has a list of companies they work with and it is best if you can use them. The problem will be, if you have any complaints, you didn't buy the tires here so we aren't responsible for any problems. Like balance, leaks, blems, etc. If you go to a competitive place with good pricing you don't save all that much when you figure the shipping.
    Yes, I will obviously be price comparing.

I was just wondering how the like of NTB view me asking to mount loose tires and whether I could expect them to price match the TR prices.
    Dermot

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Most any shop will mount a tire you bring in but if there is a problem they will just keep on charging you for unmounting, mounting, balancing, etc. If you buy the tire there they have to get things right no matter what it takes. Even if they have to run and get another tire. At least as long as the problem isn't your rim.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    No problems with PepBoys installing loose tires?
    Not sure what's meant by loose tires, but I basically drove my car there, brought the new tires with me in another car, they put the D on a lift, removed the old tires, put the new ones on and balanced them. It was about 50 something bucks.

My VIN:    6125

I've used tire rack a few times in the past. For my daily driver I had the tires drop shipped to my installer of choice, dropped my car off and they mounted and balanced them.

For my DeLorean I purchased tires and had them shipped to my house. I didn't want anyone at the tire shop driving my car onto a ramp/lift so I pulled the wheels and tires off my D, loaded them in my car, and dropped them off with the new rubber to be installed.

Thanks.

Did you pre-arrange the shipment with the installer or did they just show up?

Did the installer try and talk you into buying from their stock instead?
    Dermot

My VIN:    1710

I too have used Tire Rack. About a decade ago when I had a Crossfire, one of my rear tires delaminated while I was on vacation out of state. Since the tire was an odd size and no one in the area had any in stock, I had to order a set of tires from Tire Rack and have them delivered to the house I was renting. I ended up having to take the car and tires to several installers to be mounted. None of the service providers had any issue with inshtalling merchandise that wasn't theirs, they simply were unable to do it because of the size of the rims. By the way, my tires were not boxed or packaged in any way- they were delivered taped together with a shipping label. Despite that, there were never any issues with the tires.
    Louie Golden

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast