FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Angle drive assistance requested

My VIN:    10201

Angle drive assistance requested

I'll be in metro Atlanta this weekend and I was wondering if anybody could help me out changing my angle drive. I mostly just want some assistance with jacking the car properly. I'm only used lifts before and after seeing my neighbors car fall after his jack slipped I'm way more cautious especially with the Delorean's fiberglass body.

Otherwise I was planning on jacking the front frame using a 2x4 for protection then slipping cinder blocks under the body to keep it stable. I know that jack stands can damage the fiberglass.

My VIN:    03500

There is a good video on YouTube. This helped me with mine. I had to destroy the original to get the retention ring holding the nut on. If you're good with pickes you don't have to do. But I did mine with 1 jack on car and 1 jack for wrench and being very careful.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 09-23-2016 at 11:46 AM.

I already have the angle drive attached to a new nut. I've nearly changed it out before only to find out I lost the angle drive so I'm familiar with the procedure

Assistance no longer required unless you know where my dad hid my speedo cable.