FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auto transporter recommendation

Awesome member

My VIN:    5292

Auto transporter recommendation

Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum and soon to be Delorean owner. I've wanted a Delorean for years and am finally at the stage of life where I can pull the trigger. My issue is that I live in Michigan and most Ds for sale are in FL or CA. So my question is: does anyone have a recommendation for an auto transport company? When I buy, I'm going to have to have it shipped and I'd rather use a company with a recommendation that just doing an internet search and hoping for the best.

Any help would be appreciated.

This looks like a great forum and I can't wait to be a full-fledged (owner) member.

Chris

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark66 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum and soon to be Delorean owner. I've wanted a Delorean for years and am finally at the stage of life where I can pull the trigger. My issue is that I live in Michigan and most Ds for sale are in FL or CA. So my question is: does anyone have a recommendation for an auto transport company? When I buy, I'm going to have to have it shipped and I'd rather use a company with a recommendation that just doing an internet search and hoping for the best.

Any help would be appreciated.

This looks like a great forum and I can't wait to be a full-fledged (owner) member.

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Welcome! I would recommend Exotic Car Transport. I used them in 2013 to transport my car within Florida. They were careful, professional, and reasonable.

image.jpg

Good luck with your search.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Almost 30 posts here on this topic:

LINK: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2403
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    10201

Don't put your email into one of those "quote" sites. They will never stop calling and emailing.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Don't put your email into one of those "quote" sites. They will never stop calling and emailing.
    oh god this! I made the mistake of doing that and like months later still had people calling " do you still have a car that needs to be transported?" Then like 1 year later got another call lol

Awesome member

My VIN:    5292

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted on my progress.
    Mr_maxime, Sound advice, but I read it too late. Filled out one of those last night in my enthusiasm, and this morning my phone wouldn't stop ringing. Lesson learned. May have to change my number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also used Exotic Car Transport when I sold my first Delorean Mississippi to Texas. Very pleased with the service. Small world because I had met and spent a good bit of time with the transport driver a few months earlier when he brought a load of cars from Alabama to Texas for a NCRS event.

I tried Reliable for my most recent purchase (before deciding to fly and drive) but was told that they don't handle Deloreans because the driver can't get the door up to exit the vehicle.

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I'll add another vote for Exotic Car Transport. I used them to transport my car to and from DMCFL, and they were very professional.
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

My VIN:    03500

Who ever you choose DON'T let the person or possibly a Idiot with a open Carrier put it backwards! I had a idiot. Luckily damage was to the louver.

Dave B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Try not to use anyone that will broker your car. They will "sell" the job to possibly multiple companies of dubious nature who bid on the job and give the cheapest price. The car will be loaded and unloaded multiple times and stored at intermediate destinations with no good schedule on when it will arrive. You also want "covered" transport. Any of the big guys you see at the prestigious auctions will be good. Some have better pricing over different routes. Get multiple quotes.I have used Horseless Carriage. Expensive but very capable. Have your own insurance on it BEFORE it is moved.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast