FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean project for my pops

Post DeLorean project for my pops

Hey guys,

To start off it is great o be on this forum and it is going to be good chatting everyone on here!!

I am here on behalf of my farther he has not long retired from being a mechanic for many years busy everyday he always had something to so but now he is becoming bored. We was having a chat the other day on how much he loves famous cars that have been in movies and on the track and i said "why not start building replicas?" and since then its gone a little wild he has been reading up about it and getting me to do more research than ever. And then i stumbled across this. He has been looking at building a replica DeLorean from the famopus movie "back to the future" but i can not seem to find any for sale anywhere?? I have checked many For sale sites searched DeLorean for sale classified ads sites and still come up with nothing helpful??? I know they have gone out of manufacture a long time ago but there should be some hanging around somewhere? they are coming across as rare cars these days but saying that they have come out of no where and started development on a new DeLorean so there is that to look forward to.

Anyinformation that you guys could share with me would be greatly appreciated!! it would be good to get my farther busy again!!

zbttf.jpg

Thanks guys

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Really?
    There are 14 for sale on EBay Motors right now... and that doesn't even take into account the cars for sale at the various DeLorean shops around the country.
    No offense, but if you're having this much trouble finding a car you're going to have a heck of a time finding some of the extremely rare bits that go into a time machine conversion.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

This is what i am here for all your hints and tips that i can pass on. i will check Ebay out but iv'e not had the best experiences with them in the past. Loads of fake adds etc

But thanks anyway

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Projectcar View Post
    Hey guys,
    i can not seem to find any for sale anywhere?? I have checked many For sale sites searched DeLorean for sale classified ads sites and still come up with nothing helpful??? I know they have gone out of manufacture a long time ago but there should be some hanging around somewhere?
    I have to admit, I agree with mluder. It's hard to believe someone not being able to find any DeLoreans for sale anywhere. How did you go about searching?? I googled "DeLoreans for sale" just now and found dozens of listings immediately.

There are 13 cars available on ebay here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-...p2050890.m1603
    There are 4 cars for sale from DeLorean.com here, including an already converted time machine: http://www.delorean.com/inventory-used.htm
    ClassicCars.com found these 14 classified ads: https://classiccars.com/listings/fin...years/delorean
    Hemmings found these 19 classified ads: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...-sale/delorean
    CarsForSale.com found these 9: https://www.carsforsale.com/delorean-for-sale-C136838
    AutoTrader.com found these 11 cars: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/DeLorean
    There are also several cars for sale on on this very forum here: http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?10-DeLorean-Cars

This doesn't include any of the cars currently available on Craigslist, which is usually quite a few. You can search locally, or use a tool like search www.searchcraigslist.org/ or www.searchtempest.com/ to search all of craigslist at once.

Best of luck with your search. Hopefully between all of these you can find the car you're looking for.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

My troll senses are tingling.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

The wording alone in there message says scam! Cant find a DeLorean? There starting to get as commom as Fox body Mustangs are.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

Agreed with everyone else. I was just curious about deloreans one morning and googled "deloreans for sale." I found the one I own now that morning.

Wow chill guys this isn't no trolling.... I search on trading sites and everything i found seemed to be a little expensive really that's why i am here to get all the facts and the BEST site to use to purchase one. At the end of the day if they are the price they are you want everything to be in good order... But are wanting a project

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Keep your eyes on Beverly Hills car club. They have some rough ones come through at lower prices.

Project cars have gotten a lot more expensive so be prepared.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectcar View Post
    Hey guys,

To start off it is great o be on this forum and it is going to be good chatting everyone on here!!

I am here on behalf of my farther he has not long retired from being a mechanic for many years busy everyday he always had something to so but now he is becoming bored. We was having a chat the other day on how much he loves famous cars that have been in movies and on the track and i said "why not start building replicas?" and since then its gone a little wild he has been reading up about it and getting me to do more research than ever. And then i stumbled across this. He has been looking at building a replica DeLorean from the famous movie "back to the future" but i can not seem to find any for sale anywhere?? I have checked many For sale sites searched DeLorean for sale classified ads sites and still come up with nothing helpful??? I know they have gone out of manufacture a long time ago but there should be some hanging around somewhere? they are coming across as rare cars these days but saying that they have come out of no where and started development on a new DeLorean so there is that to look forward to.

Anyinformation that you guys could share with me would be greatly appreciated!! it would be good to get my farther busy again!!

zbttf.jpg

Thanks guys
    As it turns out Beverly Hills car club has just what i am looking for!! a project and reasonable prices.
    Thanks for the help guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast