FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Blue Wire exiting ECU compartment to Engine Bay

My VIN:    00860

Blue Wire exiting ECU compartment to Engine Bay

My idle is rough and rpm is a little inconsistent. Could this gnawed wire contribute to that? I'm going to fix it tonight but curious as to exactly what the wire connects. Thanks for the help!

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

My VIN:    10270

That's the distributor pickup wire used by the ignition ECU to trigger spark. That could certainly have an adverse affect on running
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    00860

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    That's the distributor pickup wire used by the ignition ECU to trigger spark. That could certainly have an adverse affect on running
    Awesome. Thank You. Im looking forward to seeing the difference after repairing it!

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I could be mistaken, but if my memory serves correct that wire is actually coaxial. I would not recommend trying to repair it. Dave from dmcmw sold me a good original when I had a damaged one

My VIN:    10270

Yes, it has a shield (or screen) that is tied to ground to help reject inductive noise. If the splice preserves the shielding and is waterproofed it should be fine.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection