FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Owners in southern Michigan??

Awesome member

My VIN:    5292

Owners in southern Michigan??

Hey everybody!

I am a prospective Delorean owner who lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I have loved Deloreans since they first came out and am finally in the position to buy one. My wife is supportive but hesitant. She has never seen one up close and personal, and would like to at least see one, sit in it, and see what they're really like before buying one. All the ones for sale are a long way from here, so it's difficult to visit any one of those.

So my question is, are there any owners in southern or central Michigan who might be willing to let us stop by some time and take a look at their car? We're willing to drive several hours for a visit at your convenience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Chris Jarrett

My VIN:    05457

A lot of owners come out to the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. You just missed it by a couple months unfortunately. I don't know what your timeline is, but worst case you can wait until next year to get hands on with one.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I live in the Lansing area and own two DeLoreans. While like snowflakes, no two DeLoreans are identical, you and your wife are welcome to take a look at 4194 and 5052. One has a gray interior and the other has a black interior, so it would give you an opportunity to see what interior color choice you like better. One is a single turbo K-Jet, the other is a Peugeot carbed fuel system. Both are 5 speeds, thus I can't provide an example of an automatic.

Thus, if you want to take a look at the cars, just send me a PM so that we can work out the logistics!

Andrew

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Had you posted a few days ago I could have stopped by on my way thru Ann Arbor from seeing Andrew up at the Northern MI Driving Tour last weekend! Snowflakes, great description.

I know a guy in Ann Arbor who has a D. PM me your contact info and I will pass it along to him. If you can't connect with him or Andrew, I am decently close just south of the MI boarder and we could possibly meet up one day.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles