FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Heninger & Associates Lower Ball Joint Failure

My VIN:    4519

How many ball joints are there? Darren said there's only one option......

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Ed's are made to exact same specification , OEM dimensions
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I was referring to the ones sold by the UK Club. Do we know what ball joints Ed is Selling? If I recall, he had reproduced his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    Ed's are made to exact same specification , OEM dimensions
    Who is Ed?

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by spikeygg View Post
    Who is Ed?
    Ed Uding - DeLorean Europe.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by axh174 View Post
    Chris, when you say "UK" ball joints, are you referring to the ones that deloreanclub.uk and delorean.eu sell, like these?
    Just to clarify - delorean.eu lower ball joints are not the same as deloreanclub.uk lower ball joints. And delorean.eu is not in the UK - although granted, for a while they did sell the UK ball joint there too (not anymore).

The "good" ones referenced in this thread are the ones that we sell - known as the "UK balljoints" and "EuroTec balljoints". Sold by us ( http://www.deloreanclub.uk/lower-ball-joints-pair.html ), PJ Grady, DMCH, and Josh Bengston. Ed from DeLorean Europe did sell them for a while, but has now had his own made.

The others I know about are Hervey's - which are allegedly a VW cross reference that has been modified (and doesn't quite match dimensionally) - and the ones that DMCH used to sell but don't anymore (these were also made to OEM dimensions but were prone to premature failure). I don't think we've got to the bottom of whether the OP's ball joints are the same as Hervey's, but it seems possible to me that since the LCA is "different" to OEM, then the ball joint could be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    How many ball joints are there? Darren said there's only one option......
    Something lost in translation. By this he means his opinion there is "no other choice". His point being, of the 3 on the market at the moment, 1 is new to the market and the same price as the UK ones (or he's not aware of Ed's ones), and the other is a cross reference intended for a VW beetle.
    Last edited by DeLoreanGo Arran; 10-13-2016 at 05:41 PM.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren C View Post

There is only ONE option, and that is the OEM design joint; anything else on here is just Groundhog Day and frankly naive and placing you and other road users in danger.
    I'm running reinforced OEM LCAs' and the Amsteer balljoints so really just an observer on this thread, but..
    The US vendors seem to be selling them for $89 EACH. Plus shipping. Basically a 100% markup compared to buying straight from the U.K. Club.
    Just to echo some of the above comments and give a bit of variety, I do think these are 'probably' the best ball joints out there for the OEM LCA's (cant comment on re-manufactured ones) but to try and help on the costs you can always buy them direct from the manufacturers as a lot of UK owners do by contacting the manufacturers direct, the details are on this link: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?tid=3646

For added interest I had them make up a set of track rod ends (tie rods ends) as per a set of OE ones that I sent them and they also sell these now, as I believe are sold by other vendors also should you prefer to support them. Another great product very well made and deigned for the car as per original spec.
    Chris
    Last edited by chris williams; 10-13-2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    to try and help on the costs you can always buy them direct from the manufacturers[/url]
    Direct link: http://www.amsteer.co.uk/Delorean%20...er%20Balljoint

Although since that price is "per joint" and higher, it's only cheaper if you buy 1.... Most owners want 2, which is why we list them in pairs. Happy to sell them singly though should anyone want only 1...

We also stock the other 2 products that Amsteer do (track rod ends and upper ball joints), also at a lower price than buying direct.
    Last edited by DeLoreanGo Arran; 10-13-2016 at 06:38 PM.

My VIN:    4532

Chris,
    Please do not perpetuate your personal fued between DOC & Eurotec on this US based website.
    Please do not quote me using cut and pasted quotes from other members that are not my words or opinions.
    My comment on “only one choice” is in reference to an OEM specification joint in comparison to a joint with alternative dimension or design used in another vehicle that is similar but not exact, which is leading to possible failure.
    As a dedicated Delorean owner working for the common good of all fellow owners, I spent many, many hours investigating these non OEM joint failures and by chance (part way through the investigation) and the help of other UK owners came across the original supplier. I dealt with their manufacture engineers, and they even found the original DMC drawings in their archive from which they had originally made the joints supplied to the factory.
    With my help the joints were made again. I spent more hours testing the first joints and gave the thumbs up for them to be manufactured and supplied to Delorean owners regardless of what club or country they belong.
    I am a fully paid up member of DOC and an active Eurotec member. It just happens that the key persons involved in bringing these OEM joints to the market are part of Eurotec club and this is the reason why they sell them.
    Chris you are entirely free to sell these joints through DOC, but I do think that actively telling folks where the joints are made and encouraging owners to buy them from DOC (at a price that is not necessarily cheaper) and not from Eurotec is just sour grapes and life is too short for all this nonsense.

My VIN:    4532

Just to clarify my last post.

I understand DOC don't sell the ball joints but they actively direct members to the manufacturer of the Eurotec joint rather than Eurotec themselves.
    The new ball joint is made to an old 1980's in house OEM specification drawing.

Thanks

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

No Feud Darren, I was just responding to a posting from some one who made a comment about the mark up on a product and directed them to the supplier that had been mentioned in a previous posting. Also to make the point that they also made other great products that were far superior (In my opinion) to other products available, If anything increasing sales. I buy parts for my cars (and for other peoples I do occasional work on) from lots of places inc the Eurotec forum/SpecialT/Ed. However any buyer should also factor in possible import charges/and VAT reductions for overseas sales.
    The quote from you was to back up the point that they were the best choice for OE arms (again in my opinion) based upon the work/research you had done. Like yourself I have done many hours work developing new parts (with manufacturers) that are sold through various sources Spax/HEL brake and clutch lines and like yourself made this information available to all to benefit everyone.
    However like a lot of people my funds are limited and always try to point out the options for others to hopefully help people save a few $ if possible. There is no personal feud, not from me anyway. X ref's to both forums are placed on both forums and I recently commented (on the DOC forum) on what good value injectors were from the Eurotec forum. As you wrote we don't sell those parts so there was no benefit to us, and as I wrote at the start it was to point out the options if any one was unhappy with paying a mark up to any vendor.
    Chris
    Last edited by chris williams; 10-14-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast