FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Northern California DeLorean Motor Club.

NCDMC

My VIN:    10911 and 05794

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Northern California DeLorean Motor Club.

I have placed our info here because we have been left off of the regional forums. This is from the info page of our website:

The very first owners club to form for the DeLorean was the 'DeLorean Motor Club of Northern California' in 1982, while DMC was still producing cars. The club was a DeLorean Owners Association affiliated club (chapter 17). The NCDMC re-establishes this club/group for the entire Northern California area. This would include the Sacramento and Bay Areas, Stockton, Redding, etc. (no exclusions intended). The focus of the group is for DeLorean related gatherings and events. On September 20th 1998 we had our first gathering of owners and their cars in Concord, CA. We continue to hold events and several of us will be attending Car shows in the region and more club events are in the planning stages.

More DeLoreans were sold in California then anywhere else. California is synonymous with the automobile and we should be the leaders in promoting the marquee. Please, if you are anywhere in the Northern or Central areas of California or if you have contact information you can share about any owners in the area, especially owners who are NOT on-line, please let us know so we can contact them personally
    Last edited by montkw; 05-27-2011 at 02:45 AM.

My VIN:    6292 since Oct 1982 and THE DELOREAN TRAILER

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The Oldest DeLorean Club in Existance is the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club (PNDC)

The DOA and it's chapters were formed AFTER the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club (PNDC) which was formed and incorporated on February 26, 1983. The Delorean Owners Association (DOA) was not formed until late March of 1983. I know because I was working with ED Bernstein in forming a club when the people of the Northwest decided to go it alone and not become a chapter of DOA. Ed was not too happy and proceded to form the DOA and later established chapters along th4 way. Further, the DeLorean Motor Company had long ceased production prior to 1983.
    Granted, you are associated with the SECOND OLDEST DeLorean Club in the USA
    This fact has been verified and confirmed time and time again by past leaders of the DOA including ED himself.
    Arnie Brandon
    Founding member of the PNDC
    Currently Pressident of the PNDC

My VIN:    6292 since Oct 1982 and THE DELOREAN TRAILER

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club (PNDC)

As an addendum to the above, please visit our WEB site at www.pndc.org to gain additional information aobout the DeLorean cumminity

NCDMC

Who's on First.

Actually, I just posted this because for some reason we (the NCDMC) were left off when DMCTALK was reinstated. What I posted is from our website. I have written to Tamier to have this corrected, and then pull this thread.

I do however stick by the statement that the Northern California club (DMCNC) was the first club formed for the car (in 1981 - I'll have to look up the exact date). It later became a chapter of the DOA. The NCDMC has no connections to the DOA, so yes you would be the oldest 'continuing' DeLorean club. And I know all about Ed and his plans to rule everything DeLorean. 8^)

BTW, Where was your group when we did DCS West In Las Vegas? We received such poor support from the owners (and others) that there's no way we'll ever be able to do it again. I had hoped to make is an annual roving event, like Ken K did back east.

Ken M
    NCDMC
    Last edited by montkw; 05-27-2011 at 02:48 AM.

My VIN:    10588

Hey Everyone!! I sent in a membership application with my dues. Does it go to ... anyone? The ether? I'd like to see if anyone is around my area! Thanks!
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

NCDMC

Yes, it goes to some idiot who's really bad at putting things in the mail. -That would be ME. I did just mail off several tags and have more to go (ran out of 5X10 mailers). Nuclearbacon - private message me back your real name so I can properly grovel at your feet.

Ken
    NCDMC