FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Southern California Delorean Club?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Southern California Delorean Club?

Soooo. I don't know squat about Caifornia, except it's expensive, has great weather, is generally hated by non-liberals, almost all my guns are banned there.... and I'm moving there.
    I got an assignment today, to Vandenberg AFB. From what Google has told me in the last hour, it's about 5 hours south of San Fransisco and 3 hours north of LA. Lompoc and Santa Maria are the closest towns.

Am I going to be the only Delorean owner around?
    And Deloreans aside, can anyone tell me anything about the area?

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

http://www.socaldeloreans.org/About_the_Club.html

If you have seen the move Sideways you'll get a feel for the area. It's quiet there. The biggest perk at Vandenberg is you get to help launch the secret black ops space shuttle from there.

You'll realize that a lot of the people in SoCal were raised somewhere else, but once they came they decided to stay. Me included. To get anywhere your gonna have to drive.

You can get to Bakersfield and Fresno, but its still kinda quiet there too. You will head that way mostly to meet the local owners that may end up closest to you, Chris Miles and gang.

North is San Louis Obisbo and the Madonna Inn. Further north is San Francisco, as you know. As you approach however, on your right, you will notice Silicon Valley. Sight seeing and great dining - SF is a foodies paradise.

Heading south you will first hit Santa Barbara, nice coast town with beach, boardwalk/pier, shopping and walking. Then through Ventura (quiet) and into the San Fernando Valley - strip malls as far as the eye can see - but Bone Fide civilization.

Further south you get to Los Angeles proper, Hollywood, West La and Santa Monica. Anything the heart could desire. LA hosts more theme parks that you will have time to visit in all likelihood. Further south is Disneyland and DMC-CA (open house coming up in about a month there) - you need to meet the guys there. Further south you will pass a lot of jarheads at Pendleton cruising around in their hovercraft and helos, and eventually get to San Deigo - Lovely city.

You will have to leave your weapons in Las Vegas on the way in by the way. And your pre-registered to vote Democratic, you'll actually get used to it in a hurry.

Feel free to send me a PM when you get here - I'll give you a couple ideas for day/weekend trips, and try to buy you a burger when you get down near LA.

Welcome!

Tom

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Good stuff to know. I'll def get in touch and try to make it to some meetups when I get out there. Thanks!

My VIN:    07000

So why isn't there one in San Diego? I know there's at least one owner here, but I've seen probably 8, maybe 9 Deloreans on the streets anywhere from East County (and I don't think it was YellowMXwheels), to around the stadium and in North County...

And last time I was at the British car show there were probably 6 or 7.

My VIN:    03037

So is there a Delorean Club in Southern Califa or not?

Honest, you would expect there to be one in Southern Calif... an active and strong one, right? Or did I not find one in my Google searchee?

Anyone?

b

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

SoCal DMC Club

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    So why isn't there one in San Diego?
    This link, already pointed to in an earlier post, explains the Southern California club's territory/history, including San Diego.

http://www.socaldeloreans.org/About_the_Club.html
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior