FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Classic Auto Sound stereos

My VIN:    3937

Classic Auto Sound stereos

I saw an ad for this the other day:

http://classicautosound.com/radios.php

Looks similar to what was/is offered by RetroSound.

Anyone heard of these before or have any feedback on putting one in a D?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    05927

I had a USA-1 model from them in my '68 Caddy. Had it repaired twice, and it finally quit for good. Although it may have just been an issue with my particular unit, my feeling is that their quality just isn't very good. You should be able to find a much higher quality vintage Blaupunkt or the like on eBay for just a few bucks.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Used Retrosound (posted 6 months ago) may still be available ...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...ound-Model-One

My VIN:    3937

Wasn't there are a bunch of poor experience stories with the RetroSound products over the past few years?

I recall reading a bunch and at the time I replaced my original stereo, decided to go with a modern looking and functioning replacement.

I don't want to get one of these myself anymore, just posted the link in case others were considering the original look idea. I still like the idea of them, but only if they prove to be good products. It almost seems to me that this company is the old RetroSound reincarnated after going out of business or something. I don't see anything about that mentioned though.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1058

Had my retrosound model one repaired three times before i gave up. I thought something was wrong with my wiring.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

I'm the one that posted the one for sale six months ago. And thanks for reminding me because life got in the way and I never got around to putting it up on ebay, I'll do that this weekend!

But my only complaint about the Retrosound radio was it didn't seem to have any significant power at high volume without sounding distorted. And with my car being Stage II, I needed it at high volume to hear anything over the engine. I also wanted to keep that "classic" look without cutting into the mount so I ended up finding a new in box older Kenwood unit that had a cassette player. Sounds just fine and keeps that 80's tape deck look. I added an aux input with the antenna so I can plug in my phone and play music through that.