FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Insurance advice needed.

My VIN:    Someday!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    You may want to buy and sell a few other classic cars to make a good bit of cash, before buying your DeLorean. Plus, you'll learn a lot about working on old cars too! My first old car was a 1953 Ford Customline I got at 17. Fixed it up, and sold it to pay cash for #2203 at 19. (I'm 21 now.)
    DeLoreans are not easy cars to work on, and if you don't have much experience working with cars, it may be difficult to do repairs yourself. Maybe start out with something like an old Chevy Nova, Ford Falcon, or Dodge Dart. Buy some, sell some, and in no time you'll have enough to pay cash for a DeLorean.

-Word of advice from another DeLorean "youngster."
    Hadn't even thought about flipping cars like that. There's a place in my home town that fixes really old cars. I might try and see if they'd teach me a thing or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by finnrue View Post
    Hadn't even thought about flipping cars like that. There's a place in my home town that fixes really old cars. I might try and see if they'd teach me a thing or two.
    That's an excellent idea, especially if they'd let you work for them part time while in school. IIRC Mike from DMC MW started out working there when he was young, progressed to being a full-time mechanic and now he and his wife are the owners. Who knows, you may find that you enjoy tinkering with cars more than hitting the law books. And honestly, the way the kids of the last several generations (mine included) have been steered toward college and away from manual labor professions, I think we're going to find skilled mechanics in much shorter supply than lawyers and MBAs in the coming decades. You may be able to make more as a mechanic than you would as a lawyer!

My VIN:    10201

You also don't end up in nearly as much debt if you change your mind about it one year in. My sister took one year of last school and hated every minute of it. Now she only has debt to show for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2