I did some research hoping to find a way to dissolve the logo and stripe on the Krups coffee grinder in prep for converting it to a Mr Fusion. I didn't really come up with anything I liked. So here are some thoughts from my experience:
- I did not find anything that dissolved it easily or quickly
- Test things you want to try on the bottom or some location where it does not matter if it damages the plastic.
- DO NOT USE ACETONE... it melts the plastic
- Magic Eraser did not work for me. But I did not try it a lot since it will dull the plastic surface via abrasion. BTW ... Best I can tell, Magic Erasers are nothing more than a foam pad. No cleaner/solvent.
- I tried various things (WD40, oils, turpentine, denatured alcohol, brake cleaner, MAF cleaner, citrus cleaner, CA kicker, an eraser), many of which were suggested on the web, with no luck. Why is it that the labels on the remote come off so easy?
- It may be that I did not try hard enough.
- I did not try gasoline or diesel fuel but it is too late to try now since all my printing is gone.
- I've heard that headlight polishing kits work but not having one I did not try.
- I've read that Turtle Wax Polishing Compound works to get the printing off. Then you need to use a finer polishing compound to return the gloss. I did not try and it seems like too much work. BUT ... if you have a yellowed (not to be confused with a yellow one), the process can be used to bring back the white. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdgvfkhCOdc

I then tried DOT4 brake fluid and it worked. It does not "dissolve" the print quickly but it does work at removing the printing without damaging the plastic (at least there is no noticeable damage at this point. Fingers crossed) It seems that once the top barrier on the printing is breached it goes easier. I put some on a rag and rubbed it repeatedly and rubbing across the stripe, medium to hard pressure, seems to work the best. At first it does not appear to work but keep working it. Go back over it until all the printing is gone. You can get it all off. It takes time but It took less than an hour (maybe a half hour?) to remove the printing.

Best of all, the plastic does not need further polishing.

Remember, you mileage may vary so test first.

Post any other working solutions herein.
Nick