FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Frame off kit (MAXJAX and stuff)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    2483

Frame off kit (MAXJAX and stuff)

Are you planning on doing a frame off to your Delorean?

If so, here are a few items you may be interested in.

This kit includes

1. MAXJAX two post lift

4. Jacking wheel dollies

1. Large wooden cart with 6" caster wheels.

The Maxjax was purcheced approx two years ago but was only used twice. Once to lift the body, and just recently once more to put the body back on the frame. You will need to purchase your own anchors to install into you floor since I did use the ones supplied and are currently in the floor of my garage. Everything worked well with it and is a great lift for a standard type garage. You can get all the specs from the dannmar. Here is a link to get some info.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com

4 jacking wheel dollies. These units are from harbor freight. They where also purchased 2 years ago and only slightly used. Roll them under the wheels and use your foot to jack up each wheel with the mechanical jacking and locking mechanism. Once all 4 wheels have a dolly under them the whole car can be pushed by one person with little effort.

Finally, there is a large wooden cart to set the body on. This was a "pallet" custom made to ship a huge brewery tank. There is a brewery next door to where I work. I took it home and added two 4x4s across the top and super heavy duty casters to support the weight. The 4x4s where carefully measured to line up with the 4 lift points on the body. There are 2x4 pieces (with rubber top) bolted to the ends of the 4x4s to set onto the lift spots on the body. Once the body is on the cart the whole thing is easily movable by one person. Here are some photos to help explain. Pics show body with and without frame under.

All of this is located in Chicago. You will need to arrange all the pick up. I have no truck/van to deliver.

Asking price $2000 OBO for all. I may take a bit less but the motor I want goes for approx $1800.

Yes I know that I should keep it but I am selling this to pay for the electric motor I am going to put into the car.

So I would trade for a NetGain WarP 9 motor.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you.
    Attached Images