FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Frame off kit (MAXJAX and stuff)

My VIN:    2483

Frame off kit (MAXJAX and stuff)

Are you planning on doing a frame off to your Delorean?

If so, here are a few items you may be interested in.

This kit includes

1. MAXJAX two post lift

4. Jacking wheel dollies

1. Large wooden cart with 6" caster wheels.

The Maxjax was purcheced approx two years ago but was only used twice. Once to lift the body, and just recently once more to put the body back on the frame. You will need to purchase your own anchors to install into you floor since I did use the ones supplied and are currently in the floor of my garage. Everything worked well with it and is a great lift for a standard type garage. You can get all the specs from the dannmar. Here is a link to get some info.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com

4 jacking wheel dollies. These units are from harbor freight. They where also purchased 2 years ago and only slightly used. Roll them under the wheels and use your foot to jack up each wheel with the mechanical jacking and locking mechanism. Once all 4 wheels have a dolly under them the whole car can be pushed by one person with little effort.

Finally, there is a large wooden cart to set the body on. This was a "pallet" custom made to ship a huge brewery tank. There is a brewery next door to where I work. I took it home and added two 4x4s across the top and super heavy duty casters to support the weight. The 4x4s where carefully measured to line up with the 4 lift points on the body. There are 2x4 pieces (with rubber top) bolted to the ends of the 4x4s to set onto the lift spots on the body. Once the body is on the cart the whole thing is easily movable by one person. Here are some photos to help explain. Pics show body with and without frame under.

All of this is located in Chicago. You will need to arrange all the pick up. I have no truck/van to deliver.

Asking price $2000 OBO for all. I may take a bit less but the motor I want goes for approx $1800.

Yes I know that I should keep it but I am selling this to pay for the electric motor I am going to put into the car.

So I would trade for a NetGain WarP 9 motor.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you.
    Attached Images

Price reduced. $1600

I found a guy selling the motor I want for that price.

Get yourself a Maxjax for a great deal.

I am posting this for sale here first to give the community the opportunity to have a cool item that works well with our cars and in a standard home garage.

Thank you.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Anyone who works on their own car(s) should grab this lift. You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Im curious about that thing.

How tall a space does it require?
    Is it really worth it for someone who mostly would be doing normal maintenance (as opposed to frame off or major things)?
    How difficult to install? (I've never done anything that I needed to punch into the cement on the garage floor)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Im curious about that thing.

How tall a space does it require?
    Is it really worth it for someone who mostly would be doing normal maintenance (as opposed to frame off or major things)?
    How difficult to install? (I've never done anything that I needed to punch into the cement on the garage floor)
    The lift raises up approx 4 feet up. So if the car is approx 3 foot high now it lifts it another 4 you are within the typical 8 foot ceiling height of the average home garage.

Is it worth it? That is your call. If you are only doing an oil change probably not. If you want to do other things like wheels, suspension, steering, exhaust, coolant hoses, radiator, transmission, facias, frame repair, fuel lines, brake and lines, clutch and lines, etc. the list goes on. There is a lot going on under the car. It is my opinion that if you are doing anything that will require you to work under the car for more than 30 minutes or more in a tight space under jack stands it will probably be worth it. Laying on your back working in cramped conditions with low light sucks. Trying to reach spots and get tools and torque on bolts where you need it can be difficult if the car is raised up only a foot or so.

To install it was easy. At first I borrowed a cheapie hammer drill from a buddy and that sucked. After that I went to Home Depot and rented a hammer drill and bit for approx $50. Took that home and all holes where drilled out in minutes. It was fast and easy to do with the correct tool. Once that is done you put in the anchors in the holes and set them. That is all there is to it really. Wheel over the posts to your holes and bolt them in. Use a level to ensure you are going up straight. Do a test lift without car to ensure both post are even and bleed if necessary.

There is a video from YouTube that shows the set up process

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kXzzrufv_M

There are a buch of other videos there to show how different folks are using it.

Anther thing to add to this is when you are not using the lift it will unbolt from the floor and you can push the posts into a corner of the garage. This allows you to still use your garage space like normal when not in use. The storage of the posts take up approx 2 square feet of floor space together. It is a cool set up.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer.
    Last edited by delgato; 10-24-2016 at 09:47 PM.

The Maxjax lift is sold so this thread can be closed.

Thank you