FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean related watches?

My VIN:    10625

Delorean related watches?

So I've recently been getting more and more into time pieces of the wrist watch type. Ive been looking around for Delorean related watches and this is what I have found so far:

The most well known is probably the two watches made by Swiss watch maker RJ-Romain Jerome. He has made two unique well crafted models the
    Delorean DNA:

http://www.romainjerome.ch/product/delorean-dna/

And the Delores DNA Burnout:

http://www.romainjerome.ch/product/delorean-dna-2/

These are both well crafted limited edition time pieces and are priced thereafter ca. 15.900$ last time I checked.

Not so much Delorean related, but Giorgetto Giugiaro designed a few time pieces. And most famous out of them is probably the Seiko Speedmaster wrist watch (1986) and the Seiko Macchina Sportiva wrist watch. He also made a great watch with Seiko called SPIRIT. It was seen in the movie Ailien and has a very unique look to it. It has now been reissued a while back and you can get a hold of one for around 1000$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231761620289...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now I know there is also a flux watch out there, but I wanted to focus a bit more on higher end and more unique watches in this thread.

I also read somewhere that before JZD died he tried to get a watch brand up and going (most likely to finance his new car project DMC2) The watch would be called Delorean Time and was a SS luxury watch, and I belive I read that if you ordered it you had dibs on ordering a car from his new dream project. Now I dont know how true all of this is, but heres a link to an article/blog I found about it, also with a few great pictures of the watch.

https://watchismo.blogspot.no/2007/0...ristwatch.html

Id love to get som input of any other Delorean related watches out there, so please go ahead and post
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The watch JZD was trying to sell was just a re branded import. Nothing special except for who was selling it and what they promised. The importer was in Nyack NY. I had inquired if there was any stock that could be purchased and he said there was only the few prototypes, no order for any quantity was ever placed. The purchase of the watch got you a place in line to buy the possible project car. No promises on if, when or ever. I don't think any were sold. I remember Katherine Delorean hawking that watch at a DCS show in Ohio. Ken K would have more info on it.
    David Teitelbaum

i have seen this one for sale here (ireland)

no idea if it's actually related to john delorean..

http://www.adverts.ie/dress/delorean...dition/7841932

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

This watch has nothing to do with the DeLorean...but it works just the same. About $150.00 or less. I bought one in red and one in blue. Ended up giving the red one away to a friend and I wear the blue one everytime I take 5609 out to a car event.
    3b5d29f9f6d35179d9afc244435143ca.jpg69d3412bd1e83064e14f92e6a0f87b4d.jpg

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This watch has nothing to do with the DeLorean...but it works just the same. About $150.00 or less. I bought one in red and one in blue. Ended up giving the red one away to a friend and I wear the blue one everytime I take 5609 out to a car event.

Tokyo Flash? I can't find my old "Pimpin' Ain't Easy" watch.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The watch JZD was trying to sell was just a re branded import. Nothing special except for who was selling it and what they promised. The importer was in Nyack NY. I had inquired if there was any stock that could be purchased and he said there was only the few prototypes, no order for any quantity was ever placed. The purchase of the watch got you a place in line to buy the possible project car. No promises on if, when or ever. I don't think any were sold. I remember Katherine Delorean hawking that watch at a DCS show in Ohio. Ken K would have more info on it.

Interesting read. Kind of a creative marketing idea
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Now thats a cool watch, maybe I'll look into getting my hands on one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by cravings View Post
    i have seen this one for sale here (ireland)

no idea if it's actually related to john delorean..

http://www.adverts.ie/dress/delorean...dition/7841932

Nice watch, would be cool to see if this is a legit Delorean related watch, any sources anyone??

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

These are all over ebay. Have no idea on the quality but it's hard to match a DeLorean themed watch for under 20 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Custom-...sAAOSwMgdXx-BW

Upon second glance that's a pretty detailed dial. That may just be a picture image of a dial and not 3D
    Last edited by Michael; 10-26-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Nice! At first glance it looked like a real detailed dial, but like you mentioned it does lokk like a print of the rim.. Still a pretty nice wrist watch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast