FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking to buy 5spd

My VIN:    5470

Looking to buy 5spd

Hello,

I am in the market for a DeLorean. I am looking for a 5spd, but beyond that I have no preference for color of interior, hoodlines, gas flaps, etc. I am not worried about originality, but do not want something painted or overly modded.

I am looking for something in the $20k-ish range, in a reasonable running condition. By that, I mean something that runs well, but will need gremlins evicted from time to time. I've owned a couple of Lotus Esprit's in the past, which I'd say are similar to Deloreans in that they're finicky, but for the most part user serviceable if you have the right tools and a lot pf patience. I found that with the Esprits, it was better to start with the right car than to go cheap and think I'll fix-er-up. That said, I'm willing to pay the right amount for the right car.

There are several currently for sale here, and I see they're also on ebay at the moment. If anyone cares to comment in a PM (or a reply below) if they think these are good deals or not, I'll keep your comments confidential.

If anyone knows of something else fitting my description, please let me know.

I'm in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC. If there are others on this list from that area, please reach out. I'd love to come over and check out your car and talk about what ownership is like.

By the way, this has been a dream for a while. You may notice I signed up to this forum 5 years ago, and this is my first post. I've always found that any question I had, had already been asked and I could find the answer here. But I just got a new job, and the wife gave the ok to "get something fun". So here we go.

-Rick

baldwinsusa
    Rick, I also live in Northern Virginia. I used to own a D for a very brief time, but sold it when the Air Force sent me to Europe in 2011. I haven't purchased another one yet, I'm waiting until after next year when I transition jobs. Hopefully we both get our dream cars here soon and meet up. Good luck with your search. Will you do the work yourself or do you know a trusted mechanic?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Hey Rick,

It seems you have a good handle on things -- good luck with you hunt!
    I'm sure you will get a lot of input here ;-)

Don't forget to check out the DCVA section.

My VIN:    5186

PM coming

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had checked out the DCVA page, but unfortunately it seems that there has been only one post in all of 2016, so I didn't think the forum was very active. I know I've seen a couple D's from time to time on the road around here, so there are bound to be a few active members.

-Rick

Hi Jim-

I was hoping to find time to come down and see your cars this week, but things were just too busy.

It looks like things will stay that busy for a little while, so I may be inactive here, but will still be casually looking for a car. If anyone knows of something fitting my description, I'll still be in the market unless I post otherwise here. I can also be easier reached at [email protected]

Thanks!

I have found a car. Details to come in general. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk