FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for Carb Intake Manifold

My VIN:    REDACTED

I'm currently running an intake from an Alpine, with a custom made (by me) adapter plate for a Motorcraft 2100 with an Airtex low pressure fuel pump. There is a block off on the passenger side cylinder head where a mechanical fuel pump can mount.
    The carb is a 1.08 venturi, jetted at .047
    PwZoxey.jpg
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by kbrown84 View Post
    I'm currently running an intake from an Alpine, with a custom made (by me) adapter plate for a Motorcraft 2100 with an Airtex low pressure fuel pump. There is a block off on the passenger side cylinder head where a mechanical fuel pump can mount.
    The carb is a 1.08 venturi, jetted at .047
    PwZoxey.jpg
    Nice setup! I would recommend buying a spare mechanical fuel pump as they seem to be getting harder to find. Two years ago you could order them from Autozone or Rockauto. Now it takes a month to get one from Summit. I carry a spare in both 4194 and 5052 for that reason.

Did you get the Alpine manifold from Bill or from a European source? It's pretty rare to see the Alpine manifolds on this side of the pond. IIRC the difference between the Peugeot 604 and Alpine manifolds is the lack of an EGR port on the Alpine manifold. However, the overseas sourced Pug manifolds may may not have EGR ports either.

I would love to find a twin triple barrel Weber setup from an Alpine Pack GT, but those were rare to start with and even rarer to find getting parted out.

On an aside, there is a EU speed shop that modifies Alpine manifolds to accept a Holley 390. However IIRC the mod and carb assembly costs around $1,000 US plus you need to supply the core Pug/Alpine manifold.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2