FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to repair block rot and fix stupid Delorean comments.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttleman View Post
    Thanks to Nicholas Roedl and Doc Brown for the inspiration. Josh also brought something new with a different LS version. The first time I saw Nick page I was like wow this guy has courage. At some point you have make a decision. PRV parts is so expensive it was more a difference in time then budget so might as well go with what you want. I will make a cross over around the bell housing (H-pipe) so I am looking forward to hear the sound that it will make. Also this car as to pass an inspection before getting back on the road since it was never registered in Quebec before. They already know it is a engine swap still this type of inspection is strict. So there is no half mesure here or I'll do it later things.
    Im looking forward to see what you do with the exhaust. A crossover will help a lot in terms of power and sound. It nice to see an off-the-shelf header being used, making headers is a pain in the butt.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    1472

Yes exactly, the goal is to make it with available/cost effective parts. These 304 stainless headers sells for 108$. That is the beauty of the LS: lots of after market parts support manufactured in large quantity.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks and so do you. Your restoration is number one work.

Hopefully Josh will still have a LS when I'm done. Nice work.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    heres one to tie you over. Open headers! Lots of smoke from oiling the cylinders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ihYvmukBM
    Cool! How exciting! Great job and thanks for posting!

Funny story...I had to graft the wiring harness of my Fiero project to the V8 engine of course, and the "service engine soon" light stayed on ever after. For giggles, I took the car in to the dealer and asked them to help me determine the problem. The technician brought out his code reader to the car, and got a weird code. When he opened the engine cover, he burst out laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I too cannot resist! Like Josh, open headers, lots of excitement, and some smoke.

The photos above look awesome! More and more LS DeLoreans being made; what a time to be alive! When this thing fires up, it will make every effort you've made worth it!!
    Awesome sound! You know, when I got a chance to drive this powerful beast, even though I was real easy on it, I didn't find it tail heavy at all. ( thanks again Nick!)

What's the weight difference between the LS1 and the PRV again? It can't be too extreme.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

is this one of the new parallel flow condenser from dmch?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    1472

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    is this one of the new parallel flow condenser from dmch?
    Yes, the one that was on the car had no leak in case someone wants it. I am gonna make some aluminum shrouding instead of the weather strips between the radiator when I come back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2