FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exhaust Studs

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Most torque measuring devices cannot measure ft/lbs accurately that low (10-12 ft/lbs). You will need to torque it to N/M or in/lbs. The problem is many of the fasteners are not reachable by the torque wrench so you must do them as accurately as you can by hand with a box wrench.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Most torque measuring devices cannot measure ft/lbs accurately that low (10-12 ft/lbs). You will need to torque it to N/M or in/lbs. The problem is many of the fasteners are not reachable by the torque wrench so you must do them as accurately as you can by hand with a box wrench.
    Agreed. Most every spec I use at work that is less than 17 ft lbs. is called out in Pound inches. Most all of our inch pound torque wrenches are 40-200 inch pound scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2