Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
I haven't actually had the opportunity to change my pump yet due to life getting in the way, but from the way you describe the noises that fits almost exactly with what mine sounded like last I was driving her. She didn't throw belts or overheat, but the belt was visibly wobbly with the motor running. I only had to make a journey of 30 miles the last time I drove it and timed it for when there was minimal traffic.

The replacement pump I have to fit is a Skandix one with a bolt-on pulley rather than the press-on type. I opted to go for this over a DMC/DMC.EU version due to mixed reports on quality, where as the Volvo community had nothing but good things to say about the Skandix pump. I intend to get my current pump refurbished once I have it off the car so I have a spare.
Yeah, I checked mine last night with no noticeable movement in the pump itself, very, very odd. It's like a grinding noise that lasts for like a second and goes away. It's more noticeable now since I did my last coolant flush.Perhaps the compression is off, or something.. haven't got a chance to check that yet.