FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Battery positive in the relay compartment?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by spikeygg View Post
    This is a great idea. My only hesitation is that the old factory wiring may be inadequate for the current demand of my new horns. I checked the documentation of the new horns and they recommend a 20A fuse which I believe is what is used in fuse #6. According to the workshop manual, fuse #6 is used for "hazard warning switch, horns, buzzer, and logic box." Any idea what "logic box" is or what these other circuits may consume?

I looked at the wiring schematic and I see the purple lines running from fuse #6 that go to the HORN/DI/DIP PUSH SWITCH, HAZARD SWITCH, and the buzzer but I don't see the "logic box" anywhere.
    "Logic Box" is that box up under the steering column that controls the door/ignition buzzer. Because the horns are an intermittent device you should be fine using that circuit. Good practice would be to use a relay and not power the horns directly through the horn switch as it is currently done as stock.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    03572

I think they call the buzzer a logic box.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    "Logic Box" is that box up under the steering column that controls the door/ignition buzzer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I think they call the buzzer a logic box.
    Thanks guys, does it do anything besides buzz? Mine was disconnected when I got the car and I tried to plug it in but still don't get any buzzing. I see that there are several wires running to it but I don't know if it has any other functions. I noticed that it's an edge connector type connection and I tried pulling the pins down a little so they have better engagement but it still doesn't buzz (or do anything that I can tell).

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Because the horns are an intermittent device you should be fine using that circuit. Good practice would be to use a relay and not power the horns directly through the horn switch as it is currently done as stock.
    Yeah, the new horns came with a relay and I plan to use that in the circuit while triggering it from the original horn switch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2