FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 1981 Delorean Project For sale VIN 5063

1981 Delorean Project For sale VIN 5063

Hi all,

I am selling the project that I have been working on for the past several years. This is a very solid car with a lot of work already done. It is a 1981 with the grooved hood (no gas flap), with grey interior and 5-speed manual transmission. This car was previously painted, but it is now back to stainless, I had the car soda blasted a couple of years ago with a really nice result. Check out this video to see that work being done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFDQd-Imwo

The frame on this car is in great shape. I dropped the fuel tank for cleaning and the traditional bad spot where the master cylinder leaks is even looks good. Check out my blog for a bit of a history on this car and some of the work that I have done.

http://deloreanrestoration.blogspot.com/

This car comes with MANY new parts, including newly recovered seats (see blog of pics) with DMCH covers, a full set of interior carpeting from DMCH (not installed), new tires, hose kit, alternator, and much more. All the stainless on this car is nice, no dents, no dings. It does need to be re-grained. I started that work, it is not finished, but it comes with an entire box of the correct 3M pads to finish the job.

I have never started this car, but the engine turns easily. When I turned it over (dry) the water pump leaked so I pulled the intake, and the intake remains off the car. Currently the rear quarters and T-Panel are also removed. I pulled them off because I didn't want a ton of soda in the engine compartment.

I am also including a cache of parts I have collected for previous Delorean restorations I have done. This pile includes a lightly damaged drivers rear quarter, a lightly damaged rear fascia, valve covers, valve assemblies, and the list goes on.

I have a family and other obligations now days, and I just don't have the time to spend on this anymore so I would like to pass it on to someone who can put this car back on the road. I will accept the best offer I receive $12,500 or more.

VIN 5063

Mike
    Last edited by mpolzin; 11-02-2016 at 09:20 PM.

My VIN:    5823

Club(s):   (DCH)

Hello Mike,
    Yes I remember reading your blog about the soda blasting when I was interested in a painted car. Never was able to buy this car.
    Where is your D located and could you ad some pictures of how the car looks today?
    Thank you.

hi...darn just a bit early for me!

Hi
    looks a good project and what i am looking for...just a bit too early to buy...possibly in a couple of months or so.

Looking to ship a D project to the UK.

i have already restored one car a few years ago.....

anyway, looks good.

Regards

Steve
    ex vin 1621
    United Kingdom

Parts

Interested in selling some of the new parts your have? Let me know.

Sold

Hi all, this car is sold and is headed overseas to Norway. Thanks for all of the interest, but this one has an excited new owner!