FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Strangeness with indicators...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah I'm guessing the spring or something, cause it doesnt spring like the other socket does.

Im glad I got it narrowed down too...was getting really confusing...lol

Gotta get ahold of Toby and see if they sell that socket seperate...dmc parts store only shows the whole assembly with the lens n stuff
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2607

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Have you upgraded to LEDs?

I once used LEDs from Autozone with the DeLorean and my pickup truck. Eventually, I noticed the LEDs caused both vehicles to flash all running lights when I hit the brakes or when the turn signals were activated.

I never figured out why it happened...
    I just upgraded to leds, new flasher unit and having same issue. Rear Led turn/hazard bulb doesn't even lights. Before the upgrade, these incandescent bulbs already received very low power, even at night you could barely notice they were blinding. Any advice?

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    I just upgraded to leds, new flasher unit and having same issue. Rear Led turn/hazard bulb doesn't even lights. Before the upgrade, these incandescent bulbs already received very low power, even at night you could barely notice they were blinding. Any advice?

If you had the issue before with incandescents, check your tail light circuit board. You may need a newer updated one. Also check the tail light plug for corrosion, and check the black connector at the bulkhead in the engine compartment, you may have corrosion there as well.

Good luck
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2607

Thanks 81dmc, I'll try that. I also observed that the seat belt warning light keeps blinking while in the road. (My car has no buzzer). Could a bad ground on that relay be the cause of low voltage on the rear marker lights and the blinking?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5