FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dash Removal..

I had a DMCH dashboard and it really wasn't terrible.

In my experience, and I have an earlier car, the fitment is comparable with the OEM dashboard except in the glovebox area. To get the glovebox lid to sit flush, I had to make a bracket to mount the hinges lower. The other thing is that it has been shown to break down if the car is stored outdoors. I had mine installed for 6 years, stored in a garage when not in use, and it held up just fine.

My VIN:    10907

I used this guide to remove the binnacle just now: http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/dashboard.html

It has a section after that about taking the dash apart. I didn't do that part but the binnacle section was helpful so the dash section looks like it would work, too.

Dennis added in my other thread that you can pull the speedo cable by pressing on the tab where it plugs into the back of the cluster. When I was doing mine I found that I couldn't pull the binnacle very far out without disconnecting the cable first so if it's hard to reach behind the binnacle then maybe you want to do like the guide says and disconnect it at the other end.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Im not too worried about damaging the A-pillars...they're warped n nasty too. Not sure if you can see the far one in the pic..but they're both the same and will need to be replaced.

Its too bad about DMCH's replacement...Heard more negatives than positives about them. Be nice if someone produced a good quality replacement.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Here is my before and after. When i found mine in 2004, it had sat abandoned since the early 1990's. Inside was baked bad. So i gutted it and redid it with a slight update. I like the DMCH dash but i would add insulation or dynomat under to keep it from rubbing the fiberglass chassis and squeeking. Other than that the fit and finish i found to be pretty good. Only the carpet is original. Everything was completely redone. The interior is not really difficult to do. Alot of 10mm in the dash.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Btw, when i had it out i redid alot of tge wiring, radio update with sub and ran wires for heated seats and custom led and Electroluminescence lighting.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Does anyone have a chart showing the locations of all the nuts holding the dash pad on?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Does anyone have a chart showing the locations of all the nuts holding the dash pad on?
    LH

Center

RH

Tips

To get at the center location, remove glove box insert and RH kneepad. A ratcheting box end wrench is handy to have for these two.

Remove Center console to avoid damaging it when lifting the dash out.

You may need to remove the defroster grills Too.

The 2 corners are fairly easy to access, just stick your hand up under those areas and you will be able to feel the nuts on the underside of those circled locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Here's a simple image showing the locations in case other folks need to know where they are....

DashUnderside.jpg

They're pretty easy to get to except the 2 in the center..kinda gotta get up over the vents.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2