FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Side marker flasher

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    My board will work with any combination of LEDs or bulbs (current limit of 1.5 amps for each side light). The original wiring change to get side lights flashing only worked reliably with incandescent bulbs. Since with my board you need to run both side light wires to my board, the cars that had the old mode will change that mod. Your front and rear signal lights would put those cut ground wires back to ground.
    Oh ok well i havent done anything yet and was going to do it over winter but i was curious to ask first! Thanks buddy!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I"m definitely interested in this when it's released!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    03572

My parts came in but the order was short the 3/4" heat shrink tubing (covers the finished board). I guess that got shipped in another package which never arrived.

Anyway, I tested the voltage drop of using the diodes for side light power. The drop is 0.197 volts with 30 ma. LED load and 0.216 volts with 60 ma. load. This is not important with most users but I have 30 ma. constant current side LEDs and it starts dropping current if the voltage drops below 12.1 volts.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My parts came in but the order was short the 3/4" heat shrink tubing (covers the finished board).
    Dave do you think that the heat shrink tubing will provide a good insulation against water or it would be worth to have the circuit boards epoxy potted?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    Dave do you think that the heat shrink tubing will provide a good insulation against water or it would be worth to have the circuit boards epoxy potted?
    With the unit mounted behind the front grill or behind one tail light, you should not have to worry about water. Epoxy potting would drive the cost (build time) way up.
    Dave M vin 03572

Install document

Install document attached.
    Attached Files
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    2065

Side marker/Blinker

Install document attached.
    I have always thought this is a good idea, well done.

I have bulbs in my markers and would be interested in fitting your modification if its not too complicated.

Thank you

I've added this product and this document to my web site.
    Attached Files
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    10722

Dave, probably my first of a long line of dumb questions, but... this board would be installed either in the front of the car or the rear of the car and then long wires would need to be run from front to back or back to front to connect all side marker lights to this board, correct?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by gulwng3 View Post
    Dave, probably my first of a long line of dumb questions, but... this board would be installed either in the front of the car or the rear of the car and then long wires would need to be run from front to back or back to front to connect all side marker lights to this board, correct?

Andy
    I guess you could do that but it would be a lot of work to run the wires from front to back. It was my intent you would only do the front or back with one unit. If you wanted both front and back to use two units. You could even just use one driver and get four units to further reduce wiring for added cost.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast