FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: I got a fever, a fever for more Delorean!

My VIN:    10541

Cool I got a fever, a fever for more Delorean!

Hi all,

Jared here with Vin 10541. After many months of working with DMC Houston on getting 10541's engine reliable and idling just right, my father and I took her out for a spin this week. It was the first time in 10 years of ownership that the car performed perfect for us. Perfect start, perfect idle, perfect drive. As if that didnt excite us enough, we undertook the task of taking off the binnacle to replace all the burnt out lights, replaced the a/c blower motor, installed new front speakers, installed a gps/dvd flip up head unit, a reverse camera, and to top it all off, we found a way to transform the coin holder tray into cup holders. There is no better feeling than to take out a well running delorean with modern features. Thanks DMC Houston!!!

Now we have a fever to drive, a fever that can only be satisfied by our Delorean!! Here's to seeing you all on the road!

By the by, anyone have any recommendations on Delorean clubs to join? I'm in Maryland and am aware of 2 near by, Tri-state Delorean, and DMC Mid-Atlantic. I've never joined a club before, so I'm open to suggestions and opinions on whether it's beneficial, fun, and worth it. Thanks in advance!

Very Respectfully,
    Jared

My VIN:    3937

Welcome Jared!

I'm very excited for you for all the things you've mentioned................ especially details on your transformed coin tray into cup holder! Got any pics or an explanation of what you did?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

Welcome. Your really close to me in Leonardtown. No clubs in southern Maryland but the few you listed that are quite a drive for us.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I'm betting the Tri State guys will be @ Dulles C&C some Sunday mornings this year. I am in Fort Washington.

My VIN:    5470

Hey Jared-

I try to hit either Katies (Great Falls, VA - Saturdays) or Dulles Landing Cars-n-Coffee (Dulles Landing, VA - Sundays) at least every weekend that the weather is good. Both look like they'd be an hour-n-a-few for you. But the shows are well worth it - lots of interesting cars to see. Katies is more upscale (Ferrari's and Collecables), and Dulles is more for the clubs (Mustangs, Jeeps, and Chargers turn out in large numbers). I like them both, but they have their own feel. There is a new one in Fairfax on Sundays I might try as well. The last 2 times I was there, I was one of four (!) Deloreans. At some point I'd like to see if we could get even more.

We seem to use this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...-(MD-DC-WV-too!) to check in to see who's going.

As for tomorrow, this weekend is just far too cold for me, so I'll be at home.

-Rick

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Hi Jared and welcome to DeLorean ownership! My friend Paul and I run the Tri-State DeLorean club for MD,VA & WV. Its a free club and its a family friendly club.. We started it a few months ago. We try to accomodate in different area's all over for owners they may be further out than others. We also have videos on youtube listed under the club name. Feel free to contact Paul or me Christian at contact [email protected].

Like Sam and Rick mentioned, we try to meet up at the Dulles Landing Dunkin Donuts on sundays from 7-9am! Hope to get to meet you along with the rest of us!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Sorry for the late reply, had to give my D a bath.

Its very nice to meet you Jonathan. Attached are pictures of my D (at least I hope I did it right) to include the cupholders. By all standards they are not perfect, but Im happy with them. Basically what we did is removed the coin tray, took oven bake clay, and made a mold around 2 water bottles. We then baked it, glued it, went to joann fabrics, and got black vinyl to match the interior of the car. We then secured the vinyl with glue and small screws on the underside. For effect, we went to lowes and found 2 and half inch metal rings and glued them on. The final touch was using a black vinyl spray paint to blend it. Like I said, its not perfect, but it looks darn good in the car and does a great job. I never cared for the coin tray as it was useless to me, and I personally, never liked the clip on cupholder alternative. It was the most economic, sturdy, sharpest looking solution we could think of instead of creating a new plastic mold.

Hi David and Samhill,

Its great to meet yall and even better that your both so close. I apologize in advance because now I know who to bug!!! Anyway, I would love to eventually meet you guys and learn all that I can. Like I said, Ive owned the car for 10 years, but you can never learn enough to keep it running smooth.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info about the car shows and meet ups. Ill have to take a look into that and bug you as well!

I look forward to bugging you all soon and eventually meeting some of you and your cars! Also let me know if yall have anymore questions in regards to my car or the cupholders.

Very Respectfully,
    Jared
    Attached Images

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing like learning about a club then from the people who started it. Ill take a look again at your site and probably be emailing you in the near future!

Very Respectfully,
    Jared

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by 88Ngone View Post
    Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing like learning about a club then from the people who started it. Ill take a look again at your site and probably be emailing you in the near future!

Very Respectfully,
    Jared
    Sure and looking forward to it! Im vin 11035 btw and i love what you did to the interior. Love seeing it changed up a bit. Here is mine.
    Hope to hear from you soon and really looking forward to seeing your ride in person. Take care and ttys!

Christian Dietrich

Btw, Sam and Rick are great guy and done a few interesting things to there car you might like!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!