FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My DMC was totaled:(

My VIN:    5312

My DMC was totaled:(

Hey all. Really sad day for me today, as my car is in shambles and now So am I. I decided to take the car out for a weekend drive and drop my girlfriend off for work. I have put alot of money into having this car as a daily driver, even though i did not use it as such one. Anyway, while going to turn onto the freeway up here in Portland, I suddenly couldn't control the car and we slammed into a barrier. After the accident The fire department came. Walking up the on ramp I noticed a HUGE oil slick starting at the top of the ramp going down which was the reason for the crash. This car has never had a leak and even after the wreck, it doesn't leak oil. I had assumed my brakes didn't work but i checked them and yeah no issues with them. So basically hit this huge oil slick on a turn, that the city never cleaned and now my baby is totaled. Here are some photos. I doubt ill ever be able to get another one of these cars. Thank you to the community whos been so good to me with any issues I have had over these few yrs.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

My condolences. However, that should be fixable!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Hey all. Really sad day for me today, as my car is in shambles and now So am I. I decided to take the car out for a weekend drive and drop my girlfriend off for work. I have put alot of money into having this car as a daily driver, even though i did not use it as such one. Anyway, while going to turn onto the freeway up here in Portland, I suddenly couldn't control the car and we slammed into a barrier. After the accident The fire department came. Walking up the on ramp I noticed a HUGE oil slick starting at the top of the ramp going down which was the reason for the crash. This car has never had a leak and even after the wreck, it doesn't leak oil. I had assumed my brakes didn't work but i checked them and yeah no issues with them. So basically hit this huge oil slick on a turn, that the city never cleaned and now my baby is totaled. Here are some photos. I doubt ill ever be able to get another one of these cars. Thank you to the community whos been so good to me with any issues I have had over these few yrs.
    Terrible news... However there's a good chance that can be repaired. Send photos to Toby Peterson at DMC NW. He had a similar accident last year and was able to repair his car.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

You think so? The stage 1 exhaust is done, theres a dent int he front left fender, front fascia is damaged, the tub is ripped as well. Toby is closed for the day. I already tried . Sitting at home moping now

It's all replaceable and insurance should help you do just that.

-----Dan B.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

No where near totaled. Easy fix compared to front hits. Car can take a hit to back like this no problem. This car can be fixed for 7985.66
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I hope you picked up the grill insert. The front facia got pushed back on the left , but I can hardly see any damage to the LFF. What little there would be is very repairable. How bad was the rear frame damaged? Was there anything impacted on the engine other than stage l parts.

Do you have regular insurance or collector agreed value policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Rear took most of it, dent in front left fender, engine looks ok as for the frame no idea. Its crushes so driver side rear tire cant move. Snapped some belts. I have hagerty classic. The tub is ripped open. I will be sending info to toby tomorrow. Insurance will cover it, just upset. Need to talk to the city about that oil on the road, you can see it in the photos. Ive never seen a slick like that

At least you live to tell the tale. Could have been worse.

-----Dan B.

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Well the bright side is everyone is ok!
    Cars a easy fix!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast