FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: JZD to the big screen at last?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Glad to hear it.

Make sure you get Liam Neeson a role in it somewhere - great local accent for the factory, plus his special set of skills, and he's just announced that he's giving up action movies, so he'll have plenty of time.
    Liam needs to be this guy
    Screenshot_20170913-192028.jpg

1vtl2h.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 09-13-2017 at 07:24 PM.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

He's a natural.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Liam Neesom as Mike Loasby

Seriously this is fantastic news especially since a diehard DeLorean enthusiast is producing. Hopefully the recent positivity about the car is continued by this film and JZD's reputation gets the public relations rehabbing it deserves
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I can't wait to watch it!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    07000

I really haven't kept up on this aside from reading the occasional post on this thread, and then saw the news today about Alec Baldwin. I think, as a film guy, it would be neat to see the story told from Kat's perspective has his daughter - growing up and seeing your dad from childhood when he was at GM, to his jet setting, to leaving to start the company, and so on.
    I believe that could make a great story, and if told from someone in the family's actual recollection, it could be fascinating to watch - and you'd have the family on board as well.

I am excited to learn of the Tamir documentary style film. I spoke to Mike at DMC Midwest the other day about an eventual purchase, and he mentioned the production crew borrowed a couple of cars for it. I also noticed the 2018 film Driven is currently filming and that Timothy Olyphant was replaced by Corey Stoll as the FBI Handler. Jason Sudeikis is still listed as Jim Hoffman. It seems like that movie will also be released in 2018. I imagine Tamir's film will portray JZD in a positive light, while I would guess Driven will not. As someone who works for a fed law enforcement agency and with informants, we have a saying, "Today's informant is tomorrow's defendant." They are often the main driver in federal cases and are generally motivated by money, working off a case or trying to get rid of their competition etc. As a handler, it is imperitive to recognize what motivation category the informant falls under. Hopefully, the Driven film will portray Hoffman's underlying motivations accurately and not as victim, but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Hill Valley PD; 10-21-2017 at 11:34 AM.

My VIN:    10907

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/...ve-1202605755/

According to this, Driven wrapped a few days ago. Pic of Lee Pace in character in that link. They actually made him look passably like JZD, I'm impressed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6