FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oil cooler support bracket crossover with 110109 mounting bracket?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Oil cooler support bracket crossover with 110109 mounting bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This is what I had thought you were assuming. Not easy for all, just easy for someone that plays around getting creative making things out of metal.

Now, had you said making one out of Lego....

If I'm not mistaken, this bracket is used on all cars, whether automatic or manual. In place of the oil cooler on the manual trans car is just a straight length of pipe.

https://store.delorean.com/p-6311-re...oler-pipe.aspx

I was under the impression it still called for the support bracket though? I could be wrong... it's been known to happen.
    The straight pipe is 1-1/4". The cooler tube is 1-3/8". The cooler requires transition (dual diameter) coupler hoses from 1-1/4 to 1-3/8 ID. The straight pipe (Manual) just requires the standard 1-1/4 hose connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I was also missing this bracket on my car (also manual), I had one on my original frame but it was rusty and the stud holding it to the frame broke off long ago. James Wallen (Eagle-co94) sold me a good used one, you might send him a message asking if he has more. Otherwise, I'd call up Rob Grady.
    The bracket for the manual cars is still available NOS and I think DPI had some made in Stainless too.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    The straight pipe is 1-1/4". The cooler tube is 1-3/8". The cooler requires transition (dual diameter) coupler hoses from 1-1/4 to 1-3/8 ID. The straight pipe (Manual) just requires the standard 1-1/4 hose connections.

The bracket for the manual cars is still available NOS and I think DPI had some made in Stainless too.

Thanks for the info, Dennis (and others).

Does the support bracket for the manual cars have a different part number? Or is the bigger one good for both applications (whereas a smaller one wouldn't quite be big enough for the larger diameter pipe)?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

I respectfully disagree, as when I switched to silicone hoses a few years ago now I had to get reducing sections to connect this pipe to the others as it was of a larger diameter and I have a manual transimission car. Specifically it was a 35mm to 32mm elbow at a 45 degree angle.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

The pipe in question on my MT is the same diameter as all the rest of the coolant pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    I respectfully disagree, as when I switched to silicone hoses a few years ago now I had to get reducing sections to connect this pipe to the others as it was of a larger diameter and I have a manual transimission car. Specifically it was a 35mm to 32mm elbow at a 45 degree angle.
    -----Dan B.

Oil cooler support bracket crossover with 110109 mounting bracket?

Jwrath,

You may be right, I just went looking in the parts schematics, it would appear the manual part is referred to as Replacement oil cooler pipe for manual transmissions. There are no other unique parts to be used for its installation. There is only one support clamp called out for that location, which would imply the pipe diameters are the same 1-3/8. The other 1-1/4 clamp bracket is used on the RH rear pipe ( later style) just under the coolant reservoir.

Last edited by DMC5180; 11-21-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    DENNIS

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dennis (and others).

Does the support bracket for the manual cars have a different part number? Or is the bigger one good for both applications (whereas a smaller one wouldn't quite be big enough for the larger diameter pipe)?
    It appears that there is only one part number for that clamp bracket. I just did a visual check on my manual car. It does have the same clamp as the one shown as NLA. It is the bigger clamp configuration.

DENNIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2