FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bizarre things found in your car

My VIN:    3937

Bizarre things found in your car

Ever found something in your car and said 'what the heck?' Not modifications gone wrong by some whacky previous owner. No, I mean weird stuff found under the carpeting the first time you peeled it back, or behind an interior panel, or within a door. Odd stuff that makes you scratch your head. I've heard of guys finding tools under the carpet or 'previous occupant nests' inbetween panels. What bizarre things have you found in your car?

Two that come to mind for me are a fairly significantly sized hornet's nest that I found in the back left quarter (where the power antenna would go on some cars) and then this strange little plastic Easter bunny figurine thing just recently under the carpeting back in behind the parcel shelf. The hornet's nest wasn't currently inhabited, but I didn't spot it for about 2 years after getting my car and it took some random guy in a parking lot to catch a glimpse of the corner of it through the vent opening hole. Sure enough, when I got home and gained access in there, I cleaned out quite a bit of it.

I think I'm up to four or five 1981 pennies so far that had been hiding under the seats too

IMG_0995.jpgIMG_3409.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I keep finding this blue and white tinsel/confetti stuff throughout the car.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Found this piece of wallpaper, I don't know who put it in here
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Found this piece of wallpaper, I don't know who put it in here
    Oh man, that's classic!! haha... ...and it might have just given me an idea to put some little surprise in my car before I put everything back together, waiting for some future guy (maybe me!) to discover, lol. Like a time capsule.... oh the irony!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Oh man, that's classic!! haha...
    Never seen that before, but I left it in the car, that's part of its history

Banned

My VIN:    1798

I actually found the PO's house keys in my car - somehow they ended up under the driver's foot-well carpeting.

Mailed them back to her as soon as I found them.

My VIN:    891, 1045

The incomplete skeleton of a small animal, possibly a possum in the luggage compartment where it apparently lived and died. It had been picked clean. I used a wrench to show size of the jaw bones.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

The thing that made me go WTF, the most bizarre thing, was when I pulled back the carpet behind the seats and found some pieces of plywood.

Painted black. In a luxury car. That cheap-assed PO !!

And then I found out the truth .....

Jonathan, were they US or British pennies?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Jonathan, were they US or British pennies?
    US coins. Not exactly the kind that are rare finds and worth a fortune... odd though, and the '81 part is neat.

I know a mouse or two called my car home at some point in time. I found ripped up newspaper and insulation in a couple places. There was a piece of the newspaper big enough to make out some writing on it... and it was from the local movies listing page. I can't remember the movie title at the moment, but I remember googling it and it was released around 1991. Strange way to piece together the history of your car, but hey, whatever works!!

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Fun question!

Two batches of leftovers found in our car over the years including:

1. Two large galvanized fender washers found in the recess behind/below the right headlights courtesy of the DMC factory.

2. Extra hardware, 10mm nuts/washers found in the bottom of the right pontoon left by the dealer technician who installed the factory power antenna upgrade.

Took a good, hard look with a flashlight deep into both ends of the jack/tool well in front of the trunk about a month ago for the first time ever. Nothing there after the jack kit came out.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast