FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anybody out there?

My VIN:    Not yet...

Anybody out there?

Hi All,

I posted this in the "Introductions" section a few months ago with no response Any thoughts out there for a future Delorean owner in OK?

Long Overdue!!!

Hi Everyone!

I noticed today that I have been a member since June 2013 and have only 2 posts with no introduction.

My name is Dylan and it has been my lifelong dream to own a Delorean. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and have lurked dmctalk for many years, even before I registered. I have been scouring craiglist, AutoTrader and this site seriously for the last year but haven't come across "the one" yet. Manual transmission is a must, prefer an 81' with no gas flap and grey interior. I am in a position now career and family-wise to be able to afford one. My goal is to have one by next summer, but certainly in time for DCS 18', especially if it's in Springfield again.

I am disheartened that there doesn't seem to be any activity with the Oklahoma Delorean Owners anymore. I believe Gary Weaver has renounced ownership and the website and Facebook are idle.

Is there anyone close that owns one? I'd like to hang out at a tech session and pick the brain of some owners. I have been to DMCH a few times, James Espey even gave me a tour once along with some good info on what to look for. I also have the buyers guide and even printed a copy of the PJ Grady glove box manual to study.

Thanks!

Dylan

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    05457

I wouldn't take the silence personally for a couple reasons:
    1. There are a lot of introductions in the intro thread, and the most active responses are ones welcoming people posting about their recently purchased cars.
    2. You asked about OK owners, and I don't think there are very many out there as you stated. You mentioned there isn't much activity on their FB group, did you post to it asking to be invited to events? Even so, some clubs are more active than others, and they go in cycles.

Also, about getting people mobilized in an area: a lot of times all it takes is 1 active owner to lead things. If you buy a car and then organize tech sessions and drives, most likely those in the area will participate. I've found that typically people like to show up to events, but few want to do the work to set them up.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    Not yet...

Okay, thanks for the advice. Anyone in the OK area with a D let me know!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you are planning on going to DCS that could be a good chance to buy one if you haven't found one by then. You should not buy the first one you see, the more Deloreans you look at the more knowledgeable you will become and the better able to pick "the one" when you see it. If you are not in a hurry take your time and find the best one you can afford. Realize you may have to travel or have it shipped, there just aren't many in your area. The broader you can make your pick the better, expand your search to '81 or '82, grey interior with 5-speed. More grey interiors in '82 than '81. The biggest differences between the years will be the tailpipes and the antennas if you want a flat hood.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

(Belated ;-)

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Congrats on getting started
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube