FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time to build up primary fuel pressure

Yeah I should probably just leave it too. At the end of the day it starts up after the second attempt worst case and then runs perfectly for the rest of the day. Not bad for a 35 yr old car I guess. It's annoying knowing that the answer is simple and the thought that I'm just too lazy to figure it out...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Horsebox View Post
    Yeah I should probably just leave it too. At the end of the day it starts up after the second attempt worst case and then runs perfectly for the rest of the day. Not bad for a 35 yr old car I guess. It's annoying knowing that the answer is simple and the thought that I'm just too lazy to figure it out...
    Next time turn the key on and off once or twice before trying to start the motor. First time starting after sitting for a while does take a bit longer. Some cars start quicker than others. A lot of factors affect it. How strong the battery is, how quickly it turns over, the temperature, how fresh the fuel is, etc. Some start better if you step on the gas pedal 1/4, others don't need it. They all sputter a bit for a minute or so and then take the pedal well if in good tune.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Next time turn the key on and off once or twice before trying to start the motor.
    Good plan. I might go one further for the sake of experiment and jump the RPM relay for 20 secs or so before the next few cold starts. It took maybe three or four attempts this morning to get it going after a cold soak on the naughty step at -8C. Once running it was fine and drove really well, better than ever actually, after tickling the mixture up to 2% CO.

My VIN:    03572

Do you have a CAT? That can throw an error reading exhaust AFR. The error is not that great maybe .5 % AFR.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Do you have a CAT? That can throw an error reading exhaust AFR. The error is not that great maybe .5 % AFR.
    No CAT, which makes life easier to measure the CO. The 0.5% is interesting. So the CAT halves the CO emissions.

If you fancy a chuckle read on. I just discovered that a PO had peeled back the harness at the CSV electrical connector, cut and swapped the two wires, and then covered it back up, despite the electrical connector being keyed so it can't be plugged in the wrong way. I can't think of any reason to do that other than sheer desperation...

I've corrected that and now have a working CSV for the first time since owning the car. Should help with the cold starts!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Always mind boggling to stuff like that. Nice find and fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2