FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Interesting early vin and painted

My VIN:    3028

Interesting early vin and painted

Barry

This looks more "Duracell" than "Bandit" to me. Copper on top, black on bottom even...

Also, what's with this "reportedly" thing? I thought I was reading an auction listing, not a news article. Are you selling the car or putting it on the 7 o'clock news?

Cool car otherwise, will be interesting to see what it sells for.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Buddy has been spamming this on the Facebook groups for a couple months now. He bought it, got it running, and now he is flipping it.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    Between VINs

BaT comments are a cesspool, especially when it comes to DMCs. I know that's true of most of the internet but I used to really appreciate BaT before it tried to become eBay Motors.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    BaT comments are a cesspool, especially when it comes to DMCs. I know that's true of most of the internet but I used to really appreciate BaT before it tried to become eBay Motors.
    Dont mince words....what do you really think?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

It reads more "Barrett Jackson reporter wannabe" to me, like if those guys decided to write instead of talk. I still can't get over the overuse of "reportedly", does it serve a purpose of some kind? Legal protection from being wrong or something? I can't help but notice they seem to sprinkle it only in key areas.

"This is a DeLorean up for sale. It has the iconic gull wing doors and has been painted. The engine reportedly moves, and reportedly this car has never been involved in any traffic stops. It has never been in any crime sprees. It reportedly has never been stuck in a ditch at the owner's mother-in-law's house over a particularly rainy Thanksgiving day. It has been worked on, reportedly by someone who knew what they were doing. Receipts are present, reportedly more than a third are there. There are reportedly no hidden surprises lurking under that strange-looking area that keeps catching your eye in our pictures."

That's totally legal to advertise a buddy's car that way right? And because it's "reportedly" if it's complete crap they can't say we falsely advertised it because "that's what he said but I'm selling"? Is this normal at "Bring a Trailer" sales? First time I've heard of this site, but it's off to a bad start for me (the car itself though, again, notwithstanding).

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Even if the seller didn't use the word "reportedly", any buyer must be skeptical of ANY claims as to condition and should ascertain for themselves what the condition actually is. Did no one ever hear of "Buyer Beware"? There is no warranty or guarantee between private sellers unless there is a contract and even then do you really think you will be holding anyone accountable? Especially if it is a different State? That is why you usually pay more when you buy it from a dealer, you expect more and are entitled to more, most States hold a dealer accountable to a higher level than a private seller. In any case, any buyer MUST do their "Due Diligence" and inspect the car BEFORE giving the seller any money. Once money changes hands, good luck if you find anything misrepresented.
    David Teitelbaum