FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Engine Cover Latch

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Engine Cover Latch

Howdy folks,

With car design school occupying all of my time, it's been a while since I've been able to participate in the DMC community, or even fawn over my car! (Fortunately, there's a light at the end of the tunnel!)

Anyway, writing for some advice. I took my car out for a spin and noticed that the engine cover wasn't properly secured. Turns out the latch had come loose. I was planning on fixing it with a little epoxy on the anchor. To make sure the actual hook didn't get epoxied to the anchor, I was planning on removing it. Unfortunately, it is pretty stuck. In fact, as I tried to unscrew it, it actually bent every so slightly (see pix). So...

- Will this bend cause it to bind when engaged in the latch? My guess is that there's a good amount of play such that this won't be a problem. But I've been wrong before.
    - Should I worry about removing the stuck hook, or just epoxy the anchor and hook into the engine cover?
    - Depending on the answers to the above, maybe I should drive down to DMC and get a new part?

Opinions, suggestions would be really appreciated.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Loosen the lock nut and the brass insert should unscrew easily. Epoxy is the way to go, just don't get sloppy and get it all over and on the threads.
    David Teitelbaum

DMCMW can supply you a new threaded collar http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?66...ch-Hook-Repair
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks, guys. All fixed. Some epoxy, and a little cooking spray on the threads to keep the epoxy from sticking and all is good to go!