FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 2706's 20 year nap

Front end ride height & engine looks awesome!

My VIN:    2706

Quote Originally Posted by Delta DeLorean View Post
    Nice work! Did you change the frame at the end or was it already like that? That must have been nice to take the rear section out of the frame when installing a new engine.
    My fuel tank cover plate looked the same as yours. Had some clutch flued leaking on there, the clutch master was bad when i got the car. What I did is drill some holes in each corner of the deep section, so in future any leaking flued will drain out so it does not corrode the plate.

Previous owner just have cut the frame as the rear piece was bolted on. I don't mind I probably would have done it to. Makes things a lot easier back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Front end ride height & engine looks awesome!
    Thanks Man!

For those who are curious my suspension set up is drive stainless coilover kit, delorean club UK ball joints and lower aluminum control arms, dmc nos uppers, dmc rubber bushings and bearings everywhere except sway bar. I went with Toby from northwest poly sway bar kit. And got a set of trailing arm bolts as well. All of my brakes and components came from Mike at Midwest, he zinc plated everything for me but those are another days job. Gotta finish the suspension first. It's fairly strait forward. The drive stainless kit makes it easy. Front left took about 1hr and a half but had to figure things out and spent 30 minutes messing with the hydraulic press in the shop. Didnt even mess with the stock springs and a compressor just cut them....they were garbage anyway. Probably get the right front done in 30 minutes of course a lift makes things a lot easier.

20170330_201327.jpg20170227_191357.jpg20170330_211742.jpg20170330_212543.jpg

Got home from work tonight and rebuilt my calipers that I got back from Mike at Midwest . I don't think my wife will approve of my use of the rv kitchen table lol.

20170331_154043.jpg512686214_01.jpg

Got origional sway bar, clamps, and front end recall brackets back from blaster and powder coat today just in time to be installed tomorrow. Plus this sweet clock from a fellow German membor.

trailing arm bolt.jpgstarter.jpgold front.jpgnew front.jpgleft rear.jpgleft rear 2.jpgcompleted front.jpgbad control arm.jpgaccumulator.jpg

Got a lot done this weekend. Front suspension is done. Rear supsension is almost done...left is buttoned up but the right rear hub bearing exploded when i tried to seat the axle so I need to fix that. The rear suspension was a huge pain in the ass....I have never seen bearings that bad and bushings that bad..I spent a lot of time pressing out the old bushings, but all the bushings and bearings are now new...I also replaced the trailing arm bolts and bushings...I got lucky because my bolts were actually ok but for piece of mind I replaced them any way. Also replace the accumulator, bolted up the eagle starter, and put a few sensors in. Pretty productive weekend. I highly recommend Drive stainlesses Qa1 Kit, quality stuff and easy install.

Jimmy

20170407_181007.jpg20170407_173944.jpg

Suspensions done...haven't made any adjustments yet. Stripped axles down and had the axles powder coated. Next up is rebuilding axles, installing brakes, clutch lines, brake master, clutch master and reservoirs.

My VIN:    4519

Looks good!

Are your front & rear springs both grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Looks good!

Are your front & rear springs both grey?
    No my front springs are chrome....funny I didn't notice until you asked...i wonder why? Lol

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    No my front springs are chrome....funny I didn't notice until you asked...i wonder why? Lol

I thought your front springs looked grey in your pics, I just now realized I was looking at the rears (but in a different post.) -lol

Fronts are only available in chrome....

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast