FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's the coldest temp you've driven in?

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Thanks Rob! I'll do this fix on both of mine ASAP!
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Went to the last DCS at Palace Station in Vegas,
    ran into a blizzard at Loveland pas CO. and 110 degrees
    at the show. What a contrast.
    Biggest contrast I ever experienced was flying home from Hawaii in 2003. 30 deg C while in Oahu but our stop over (briefly) was in Edmonton... where it was -40 deg C! 70 deg CELSIUS difference. I remember the announcement as we were getting off the plane and going down the gangway to get into the terminal was "ok, folks, you probably don't want to doddle too long and get inside as quick as you can" lol. Yikes. That wasn't car related, but was the biggest contrast I ever felt.

Too much salt and crap on the roads here, so my D doesn't go back out to play until it's nice again outside. I think the sweet spot for driving these cars is in the high teens Celsius (15-19 or so say). Our cars don't seem to like the real cold or real hot weather. Which suits me just fine because that range is what it most often is outside during the driving season where I live.

On a side note... years ago I felt there might have been a connection between abrupt TAB failures and driving in cold weather. As in, metal strength is a function of temperature and if there is already a starting point like a scratch or ding or rust pit, the cold temps might be just enough to add it all up to a failure going over a big bump when out driving in the winter weather. Just wasn't enough examples with specifics to put any sort of legitimate analysis together, but that's still my theory, in part anyway.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Too much salt and crap on the roads here, so my D doesn't go back out to play until it's nice again outside. I think the sweet spot for driving these cars is in the high teens Celsius (15-19 or so say).
    I've always felt the d was most enjoyable in the shoulder seasons. The milder temps of spring and fall means I can leave the windows down and AC off. I find the roar of the AC and hvac irritating after a while. Im a windows down kinda driver.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I've always felt the d was most enjoyable in the shoulder seasons. The milder temps of spring and fall means I can leave the windows down and AC off. I find the roar of the AC and hvac irritating after a while. Im a windows down kinda driver.
    100% agree. Spring, Fall or later in the evenings during the summer. Windows down for me too. For ages I'd drive without any music on too, just listening to the road and the car. Some isolated back road with a few bendy sections and nice background scenery. The changing colours of the leaves in the Fall zooming past the car. That's the perfect setting for me and 3937.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Coldest I drove mine was in the 70's, I think...but I cant wait to get it put back together so next winter I can have some snowy fun..hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2