Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: DeLorean Industries 2017 SPEC Innovative Builds

  1. #11
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,284

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    We now do all final assembly of our chassis in house. Including all machine work for suspension inserts etc for the builds. All components are bent to our specifications and checked in custom angle fixtures ensuring everything will go together perfectly. The base set up fixture process happens in individual sub assembly fixtures followed by complete welding held on our custom fabrication tables. IMG_3202.jpgIMG_2521.jpg


    In a move to secure the future of what I want for this program I recently stepped down as President of the company and have turned managing the day to day over to more capable hands. While retaining a majority stake in the company moving forward I now have complete creative control on a direction I see fit. My new position as creative director allows for focus to be on the details that truly matter. The most superior build possible by micro managing every little detail as you see above.

    IMG_0650.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0651.jpgIMG_0693.jpg

  2. #12
    Senior Member powerline84's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2015

    Location:  NY

    Posts:    391

    My VIN:    2706

    bad ass, I am Glad I ordered my Engine from you guys given the quality and detail of work performed here.
    -Jimmy

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2015

    Posts:    47

    Smile 2017 dmc builds

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    How about a picture? I want to see what it looks like. GREAT GREAT NEWS.
    Are you using original body panels? Wish my shop could of helped out somewhere I guess we just got on board too late. With the work we do we end up out of touch sometimes for months at a time. Still wanting to add a dmc to our treasured maybe a new one is in my future we are presently looking at all offers for my shop so we can work on our cars and my dmc plans. Got any pictures of a completed car yet? Love the new improvements and the quality of work in the pictures is spot on from what I see. Much success with all you do. We are good at small problem repairs or innovative improvements just ask we would love to add any imput anywhere if we can help. Mary

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2015

    Posts:    47

    Smile No body panels completed yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Tomorrow starts a new exciting chapter at DeLorean Industries. As many owners have suspected we have quietly worked with over 180 unique suppliers, manufactures and design firms to make the most nostalgic, yet innovative and bespoke DeLorean DMC-12 a reality. This homage to John's dream nearly 40 years ago has been the culmination of over 10 years of tireless development surrounding his iconic idea. Out of our great respect for John we work for all to know we are currently just the custodians of his visions and ideals. It is simply our job to maintain the continuing innovation for our generation. Even though we are in a position more so than others the choice was made not to create new vin cars. Instead we have opted to maintain the “Singer” approach of working from existing vins as our build template.

    It is our great honor to announce the first of six cars to be produced in 2017. Delorean Industries Chassis build number 5195-17 ordered by Mike and Dawn Damico. With a slated delivery of early 2017. Currently four of six 2017 spec builds have been purchased with recipient announcements and build portfolios on our new site released at project commencement. We are currently accepting build applications for the remaining 2017 cars and upcoming 2018 build


    Josh Bengston
    Creative Director
    DeLorean Industries
    Can't wait to see the completed car. Is the price really gonna be over 100,000? Mary

  5. #15
    Sometimes Owner louielouie2000's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Austin, TX

    Posts:    586

    My VIN:    Pending. Previously 10115 & 5252

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Are you using original body panels? Wish my shop could of helped out somewhere I guess we just got on board too late. With the work we do we end up out of touch sometimes for months at a time. Still wanting to add a dmc to our treasured maybe a new one is in my future we are presently looking at all offers for my shop so we can work on our cars and my dmc plans. Got any pictures of a completed car yet? Love the new improvements and the quality of work in the pictures is spot on from what I see. Much success with all you do. We are good at small problem repairs or innovative improvements just ask we would love to add any imput anywhere if we can help. Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Can't wait to see the completed car. Is the price really gonna be over 100,000? Mary
    I think you are confusing DeLorean Performance Industries with DeLorean Motor Company (Texas). They are two different unaffiliated companies.

    DeLorean Performance Industries has their Spec build pricing right on their website. DPI's top of the line, all inclusive twin turbos run just under $88,000:

    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/applied-innovation/

    New information about DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) reproduction cars hasn't surfaced since October. Details like engine choice, pricing, or release dates have yet to emerge:

    http://www.newdelorean.com/blog/
    Louie Golden

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2015

    Posts:    47

    Smile difference dpi & dmc

    Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I think you are confusing DeLorean Performance Industries with DeLorean Motor Company (Texas). They are two different unaffiliated comp
    DeLorean Performance Industries has their Spec build pricing right on their website. DPI's top of the line, all inclusive twin turbos run just under $88,000:

    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/applied-innovation/

    New information about DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) reproduction cars hasn't surfaced since October. Details like engine choice, pricing, or release dates have yet to emerge:

    http://www.newdelorean.com/blog/
    Thanks for pointing that out wasn't aware they are different. Bummer about dmc.Will look at dpi site. Good to know . Mary

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    706

    My VIN:    2691

    Josh issues

    A year ago I contacted DPI regarding his rebuilt DeLorean long
    block with SS headers and cam upgrade. Received engine midsummer
    along with a box of 'jewel like' stainless engine brackets that polish up
    almost like chrome. Got motor installed soon enough to make a few
    late summer car shows. Car has never run better and has gobs of
    power. Sent my old engine core back seven months ago expecting
    a check for 2500.00. Repeated e-mails asking about core charge
    return wasn't being responded to. The last contact I had with Josh
    was Dec 6 saying he's checked out the block and will let me know
    as soon as he writes it up. It is now Feb 23 and I'm baffled at the lack
    of response.

    lonely guy in Montana........




    Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, Mt

  8. #18
    Senior Member Trstno1's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2014

    Location:  Anchorage, Alaska

    Posts:    638

    My VIN:    5625

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    A year ago I contacted DPI regarding his rebuilt DeLorean long
    block with SS headers and cam upgrade. Received engine midsummer
    along with a box of 'jewel like' stainless engine brackets that polish up
    almost like chrome. Got motor installed soon enough to make a few
    late summer car shows. Car has never run better and has gobs of
    power. Sent my old engine core back seven months ago expecting
    a check for 2500.00. Repeated e-mails asking about core charge
    return wasn't being responded to. The last contact I had with Josh
    was Dec 6 saying he's checked out the block and will let me know
    as soon as he writes it up. It is now Feb 23 and I'm baffled at the lack
    of response.

    lonely guy in Montana........




    Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, Mt
    Im curious......how much does the motor you purchased cost? It's really a bummer that he hasn't returned your core charge yet. Is it a situation of waiting to see if it's an acceptable core or something? $2500 is a lot of $$$. I would be a little miffed as well. Have you started a case with the BBB? It seems to me you have certainly given enough time....
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    706

    My VIN:    2691

    core

    Still no response from Josh at DPI......

  10. #20
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,284

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Hi Paul,

    I was made aware of this post as I don't actively watch the forums. Per our conversation I mailed you early December on this. When I say mail that does mean pony express as we did correspond by written letter extensively. I fully outlined everything found with the core that was extensive and provided developed photographs for you to better explain in detail. I also included the final invoice with deductions made for shipping etc from the credit amount paid up front and extras requested. Despite being nearly completely unusable we did take a hit on this and provided you with a partial core credit on this after above deductions. I haven't received a call from you since we talked maybe in Sept? Regarding how happy I think you said you were! In all honestly emails from you probably hit our spam folder. We were put onto a number of mailing lists with daily messages from your account with open responses from others on the list. I believe I sent an email asking to be removed from it. Please check to see if you have the letter. If not we can resubmit this to you again with documentation and pictures for your records.

    Regards

    Josh Bengston
    DeLorean Industries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •