FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Back to The Future MODs Survey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    2147

Back to The Future MODs Survey

I want to take a quick survey. If you, as a Stock Delorean Owner could convert your car into a NON-INVASIVE BTTF Car with things like: Exhaust fins, light up flux bands, and general outside Time Machine looking parts, that are attached without drilling holes into your car... Would you buy such parts?

I'm currently working on a project that will offer stock D owners some outside parts that can be attached to your car fairly easily without costing a fortune, and can be used for the BTTF owner for entertaining the public and detached when wanted.

Is this something the community might be interested in? My theory is, many of us owners are BTTF fans, but don't have the $$$ to send it to the professionals to get a permanent conversion. If you could purchase a few BTTF Exterior parts to attach to your car to impress the public, would you? I've attached some photos of my non-invasive conversion. Everything you see here is attached to the car yet can be taken off with no harm to the car itself.

Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    "Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Moved to bttf forum. I think traffic will be better here, and this forum is better suited to what you're going to need to know. For sale area, is only for items you have for sale....
    Soundkillr was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Moved to bttf forum. I think traffic will be better here, and this forum is better suited to what you're going to need to know. For sale area, is only for items you have for sale....
    Thanks!

My VIN:    10644

I wouldn't. I value both stock Deloreans and time machines, but nothing in between. For me, there's nothing worse than a DMC with a few BTTF props stuck on it.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

No. I've found even when an event wants a BTTF replica, they're quite happy even to find a Delorean at all. When my friend Dan (2991) provided the DeLorean for the Michael J Fox charity golf tournament here in Burnaby a few years ago, he was quite chuffed when MJF commented about how nice it was to see a "real delorean without all the props on it for a change." Non-destructive or not, I'd still worry about damage, too. I might throw a flux capacitor in the back if i had one, but thats about it. I aspire to make and maintain my DeLorean as a fine example of the marque. Despite the joking around we do about DeLorean being kind of crappy, the reality for me is that it has been unbelievably rock-solid, reliable and enjoyable. I take pride in that and showing others that truth. BTTF is fantastic in it's own right, but it diverts attention in a different direction, and its a direction I'm not interested in pursuing.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3937

No for me.

I don't like permanent, like others, but I would rather have a few interior BTTF props than exterior if I had either.

During car shows (some of them, not all) my BTTF set-up can include a flux capacitor that I sit on the parcel shelf, paper props including the magazine covers (Ooh La La, Sports Alamanac, Tales from Space, etc.) that I put in behind the rear quarter glass resting on the pontoon, the Save the Clock Tower flyer on the dash along with the OUTATIME license plate, and some FAQs in a clear plastic sleeve taped to the opposite rear quarter glass.

I've been interested at times in getting a hoverboard (until the for sale prices started to gouge), the plutonium gauges set-up to clip into the glovebox, and maybe that Old Biff top of the cane reproduction that someone on here made years ago.

Like Dave mentioned that MJF had said, I now tend to more often go to car shows and keep the car naked of all this BTTF stuff. Oddly enough, the last show I went to, the big British Car Day in Oakville in September, I did not put one single thing out with the car and I won 1st place in our class. I too am going in the direction of celebrating the car for the car and not for the movie anymore.

You asked, that's my answer.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4941

Count me in Andy. I cant believe that people aren't lining up in the streets for a non-invasive conversion that can be un-done within 1 hour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    I want to take a quick survey. If you, as a Stock Delorean Owner could convert your car into a NON-INVASIVE BTTF Car with things like: Exhaust fins, light up flux bands, and general outside Time Machine looking parts, that are attached without drilling holes into your car... Would you buy such parts?

I'm currently working on a project that will offer stock D owners some outside parts that can be attached to your car fairly easily without costing a fortune, and can be used for the BTTF owner for entertaining the public and detached when wanted.

Is this something the community might be interested in? My theory is, many of us owners are BTTF fans, but don't have the $$$ to send it to the professionals to get a permanent conversion. If you could purchase a few BTTF Exterior parts to attach to your car to impress the public, would you? I've attached some photos of my non-invasive conversion. Everything you see here is attached to the car yet can be taken off with no harm to the car itself.

Thoughts?

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I would be interested in what you had available. More so in the interior department but I am interested specifically in the Front Flux bands and the Glove box radiological meters. Is your timecircuits static? I have mine as a 7 inch iPad in a box magnetically mounted on the dash. Doesn't work well in daylight though.

You can always hit me up on FB.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

All true!! If I did it over again and had the time, I'd love a more "screen accurate" look... But all in all, the public hasn't a clue. And I drive with mine on as well. Its all in good fun.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    All true!! If I did it over again and had the time, I'd love a more "screen accurate" look... But all in all, the public hasn't a clue. And I drive with mine on as well. Its all in good fun.

Andy- You're right after my own heart. That's what its all about. I am still working out the details of my (easily) reversible conversion!