FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Back to The Future MODs Survey

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Sorry about the broken links... I'll try to fix that tonight.

BTW - My initial plan was to cut the gator board so that it would slip over the louvers with them in the closed position. Then the reactor, etc would all be built to sit on top as well. However I found that the deck equipment mostly sits below the level of the louvers - in other words with the louvers in place the stuff would be below and even if you built it to sit on top it would just look wrong. This is why I decided to just build it as accurate as possible and then just display with the louvers open. Of course you can easily remove and re-install the louvers but I opted not to... I spent a lot of time getting my louver latch to actually work and didn't want to undo that.

Cheers
    Steve
    or the weight on the louver and it cracking? How much does some of this equipment weigh Andy?

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    or the weight on the louver and it cracking? How much does some of this equipment weigh Andy?

--Doug
    It depends on your build...
    The gator board stuff is negligible - I built the louvers and circular part of the reactor of it. Of course the hubcap and turbine stator adds weight (my original design is actually just two hubcaps and they weigh very little. Because of the hose attachments and at the box area behind the core, I built it out of 1/2" plywood. My reactor has plywood heat sinks around it now - they weigh very little but I am prepping to replace them with the correct aluminum ones... More weight.

Of course what you will build if it's just going to sit on top will be much less if you are aiming for screen accurate. It's really just a bit of the rearmost top of the louvers and the back end as well as the very top of the reactor. Out of gator board this would weigh nothing so you're probably safe.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    2147

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post

--Doug
    All together... My stuff probably adds...25-30lbs? Not sure.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    "Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    All together... My stuff probably adds...25-30lbs? Not sure.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Thank you.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6