FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to The Future MODs Survey

My VIN:    2147

Quote Originally Posted by Hissem View Post
    I can speak from experience that I have been living out this concept for the past two years. Please go the the "Hissem" post in the BTTF posts. There you will see my home made "NON DESTRUCTIVE" time machine conversion. I can honestly say that it can be done without any hole drilling in the body. There are no scratches on the body panels or the front bumper. All hardware parts that go on the pontoons are mounted to a plate of aluminum that has same shape and contour of the pontoons. That way there are no holes that were drilled there either. The wires there go around the front fenders and up to the back are all clipped with stainless steel clips with a rubber backing that don't scratch the panels.

I have been dreaming and planning on making a time machine for the past 15-20 years and doing it without damaging the car. I have been saving parts and making parts that I hoped to go onto a DeLorean if and when I got a DeLorean. I have years of practice in fabricating all sorts of large and small projects, so this came easy and natural to me. The hard part was making fitting and adjusting the parts delicately around my car. I could take it all off if I wanted, but so far I have no desire to. That option will still be an option 10-20ish or more years from now. I rest in that thought of that.

I do drive my car daily except on salty and snowy roads in the winter. Driving a time machine on a daily basis can test your patience and attitude. I enjoy it 99% of the time. I drive it for my own pleasure, so I don't let the opinions of criticism get to me. I have not heard any direct criticism from random places, so it has been encouraging. Some people I come across can not contemplate spending the time and money in doing that. I have been dreaming of this for my whole life, and I can't describe the satisfaction of accomplishing this dream. When those who criticize that, I wonder if they have accomplished their life long dreams?

I believe in preserving the integrity of the cars history and story more than making it movie accurate. I am have fun with the best of both worlds. That catch is that without taking out the back window or using accurate parts, I can not claim a replica status. I claim a very close representation in what it should be. I have done the best with the resources that I have access to. I drive it in the rain, and there is no harm to any of it. It can be a little annoying when I clean around the flux bands.

I want to thank Mark D for his help and advise in helping me accomplish my life long dream.
    Thanks buddy!!! Are you in my RentDelorean.com database? I am always looking for new time machines to add to my referral list around the country.
    "Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    Thanks buddy!!! Are you in my RentDelorean.com database? I am always looking for new time machines to add to my referral list around the country.
    I am apart of the DeLorean Midwest Connection. I have done some appearance requests of local locations. I personally don't like to hand over my car to be driven by anyone who has never driven a DeLorean before without me. I always tag along and do the driving of the car. I have displayed it inside the performing arts center in town over night. The event was BTTF theme related and fun. I try to make it work with requests and schedules. If I am asked to drive too far to complete an event in one day and have to make hotel reservations and take vacation to do it, then the price has to be worth my while. I try to be reasonable for what it is worth at the end of the day. I don't own my car for the benefit for others. I own it for my own satisfaction of living the dream. I have no problem sharing it as I can in my free time or at random when I go to places around town. I can easily remember what it was like before I had a DeLorean and understand what I would do and feel if I crossed paths with my life long dream. 0217161700.jpg0217161645.jpg0217161657.jpg
    Last edited by Hissem; 01-08-2017 at 04:06 PM.

My VIN:    2147

I am apart of the DeLorean Midwest Connection. I have done some appearance requests of local locations. I personally don't like to hand over my car to be driven by anyone who has never driven a DeLorean before without me. I always tag along and do the driving of the car. I have displayed it inside the performing arts center in town over night. The event was BTTF theme related and fun. I try to make it work with requests and schedules. If I am asked to drive too far to complete an event in one day and have to make hotel reservations and take vacation to do it, then the price has to be worth my while. I try to be reasonable for what it is worth at the end of the day. I don't own my car for the benefit for others. I own it for my own satisfaction of living the dream. I have no problem sharing it as I can in my free time or at random when I go to places around town. I can easily remember what it was like before I had a DeLorean and understand what I would do and feel if I crossed paths with my life long dream. 0217161700.jpg0217161645.jpg0217161657.jpg
    The way I've set up RentDelorean.com is basically, if a potential client emails me looking for a delorean in their area, i simply send their information your way. You then let them know your terms, costs, and such. I NEVER recommend my Delorean guys ever let someone else drive their cars. In the end, if you made money off the gig I referred to you, I simply ask for a small referral fee. IF you didnt make anything, or the gig never came to fruition, I don't ask for anything. I base things on the honor system. It has been pretty successful. I am always looking for new guys around the country so if/when an inquiry comes in, I have Delorean owners all over that agree to my terms.
    I hope that makes sense. What are your thoughts?
    -Andy
    "Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

My VIN:    4941

Count me in Andy. I cant believe that people aren't lining up in the streets for a non-invasive conversion that can be un-done within 1 hour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    I want to take a quick survey. If you, as a Stock Delorean Owner could convert your car into a NON-INVASIVE BTTF Car with things like: Exhaust fins, light up flux bands, and general outside Time Machine looking parts, that are attached without drilling holes into your car... Would you buy such parts?

I'm currently working on a project that will offer stock D owners some outside parts that can be attached to your car fairly easily without costing a fortune, and can be used for the BTTF owner for entertaining the public and detached when wanted.

Is this something the community might be interested in? My theory is, many of us owners are BTTF fans, but don't have the $$$ to send it to the professionals to get a permanent conversion. If you could purchase a few BTTF Exterior parts to attach to your car to impress the public, would you? I've attached some photos of my non-invasive conversion. Everything you see here is attached to the car yet can be taken off with no harm to the car itself.

Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I would be interested in what you had available. More so in the interior department but I am interested specifically in the Front Flux bands and the Glove box radiological meters. Is your timecircuits static? I have mine as a 7 inch iPad in a box magnetically mounted on the dash. Doesn't work well in daylight though.

You can always hit me up on FB.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Here's the kit I made for the back... It's not drive-able as the vents are made from gator board (high density foam core). I used it for a couple of events for static display and just set it on top of the engine cover.

Attachment 48149Attachment 48150Attachment 48151Attachment 48152

I've since got some more accurate parts I will be installing - like the correct hubcap, and heat sinks for the reactor, and the oil separators. However I think even in this state it's really close in spirit. Next up is accurate flux bands, boxes, and wormhole emitter. I've already got the speaker grille for the wormhole emitter.

Cheers
    Steven
    Hi Steven-
    Would you consider building/ selling any props to prospective buyers. Perhaps You, Andy, Mr Hissem and myself could all pitch in with different parts. It is much easier building the same thing twice than re-inventing the wheel for every prop....

I can speak from experience that I have been living out this concept for the past two years. Please go the the "Hissem" post in the BTTF posts. There you will see my home made "NON DESTRUCTIVE" time machine conversion. I can honestly say that it can be done without any hole drilling in the body. There are no scratches on the body panels or the front bumper. All hardware parts that go on the pontoons are mounted to a plate of aluminum that has same shape and contour of the pontoons. That way there are no holes that were drilled there either. The wires there go around the front fenders and up to the back are all clipped with stainless steel clips with a rubber backing that don't scratch the panels.

I have been dreaming and planning on making a time machine for the past 15-20 years and doing it without damaging the car. I have been saving parts and making parts that I hoped to go onto a DeLorean if and when I got a DeLorean. I have years of practice in fabricating all sorts of large and small projects, so this came easy and natural to me. The hard part was making fitting and adjusting the parts delicately around my car. I could take it all off if I wanted, but so far I have no desire to. That option will still be an option 10-20ish or more years from now. I rest in that thought of that.

I do drive my car daily except on salty and snowy roads in the winter. Driving a time machine on a daily basis can test your patience and attitude. I enjoy it 99% of the time. I drive it for my own pleasure, so I don't let the opinions of criticism get to me. I have not heard any direct criticism from random places, so it has been encouraging. Some people I come across can not contemplate spending the time and money in doing that. I have been dreaming of this for my whole life, and I can't describe the satisfaction of accomplishing this dream. When those who criticize that, I wonder if they have accomplished their life long dreams?

I believe in preserving the integrity of the cars history and story more than making it movie accurate. I am have fun with the best of both worlds. That catch is that without taking out the back window or using accurate parts, I can not claim a replica status. I claim a very close representation in what it should be. I have done the best with the resources that I have access to. I drive it in the rain, and there is no harm to any of it. It can be a little annoying when I clean around the flux bands.

I want to thank Mark D for his help and advise in helping me accomplish my life long dream.
    Hi Mr Hissem
    Would you consider building/ selling any props to prospective buyers. Perhaps You, Andy, Steven, and myself could all pitch in with different parts. It is much easier building the same thing twice than re-inventing the wheel for every prop....

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I myself wouldnt mind a non-destructive mod I could put on occaisonally, depending on the cost of it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Hi Mr Hissem
    Would you consider building/ selling any props to prospective buyers. Perhaps You, Andy, Steven, and myself could all pitch in with different parts. It is much easier building the same thing twice than re-inventing the wheel for every prop....
    It is something to consider. What parts are you thinking of?

It is something to consider. What parts are you thinking of?
    I remember my Mom and her friends baking cookies every Christmas. One woman would just bake prune cookies....while another would do just macaroons... They would get together before Christmas and swap cookies.......so that they would all have a variety of cookie trays for Christmas. We need to get this same concept going for BTTF enthusiasts that don't have 50 grand to spend on a conversion. If we split up the work, and "mass produce " parts, it will make things easier for everyone. For example, the engine covers would be easy for me to make... I could even laser-cut them. Same for vents (If I had dimensions). Andy does gatorboard vents too.

For the moment, I am looking to do exterior only....non-destructive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast