FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: DMCH new build discussion **Split from Ebay car vin thread***

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

We can't produce binnacles, a good dash, or a respectable supercharger package, but we for sure can build "new" cars with modern engines & engine management!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    We can't produce binnacles, a good dash, or a respectable supercharger package, but we for sure can build "new" cars with modern engines & engine management!
    +2
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Early

+3
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

All joking aside, here is an update from April of last year:

"Getting back to the current status of the bill, we find that its implementation continues to be bogged down by bureaucracy. When passed in 2015, the EPA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration were given 12 months to issue any necessary regulations to implement the law, but the deadline passed without consequence. The documents are now in various stages of completion."

Source:
    https://blog.myclassicgarage.com/low...i=8431f362a261

Another article from July 2018:

"Despite pressure from Congress, NHTSA has failed to issue a rule or a timeline on when it will act, putting manufacturing jobs on hold, leaving customers frustrated and small businesses losing millions of dollars."

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2018...cturers-act-of

Apparently many of the manufacturers that will benefit from this law have had to add to their skill set:
    - lobbying the EPA and NHSTA to get off their asses and do their job.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Basically lazy and put on the back burner.....
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

What about the increasing and significant number of parts that are out of stock? Did they set aside hundreds of each part required to complete the cars aside?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    What about the increasing and significant number of parts that are out of stock? Did they set aside hundreds of each part required to complete the cars aside?
    They must have in order to enable them to build new cars - unless there is some parts secret not known about.
    ~LXA~

Oh I've been to DMCH. They have a lot of parts horded for "new cars" or for use on dmc service cars.

They can't even make something simple, like new gloveboxes. When I got put on the backorder list they said new ones were a few months out. It's been close to three years now....

Hell, what happened to the promised electric delorean?

Seems like they can never get things in order, and all they like to do is hype. It's turning out like politics. Broken promises.

/End rant else I break more rules
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post

Seems like they can never get things in order, and all they like to do is hype. It's turning out like politics. Broken promises.
    Sounds like the original DMC

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Sounds like the original DMC

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast